Are you a highly motivated and organized individual looking to join a dynamic, growth-focused organization? Do you want to work for one of BC’s Top Employers?
LandSure Systems Ltd. (LandSure) has a unique opportunity in the Customer Communications Department for a creative and driven Communications Coordinator.
LandSure Systems (LandSure) www.LandSure.ca is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Land Title and Survey Authority of BC (LTSA), a publicly accountable, statutory corporation which operates and administers BC's land title and survey systems. LandSure provides customer support, communications, project management, and information systems consulting services to the LTSA. Working at LandSure provides employees with the ability to work for a stable, independent organization whose parent company is a Canadian leader in land registration and aims to be globally recognized for its expertise. The environment is entrepreneurial, fast-paced and will suit individuals with a high desire for performance and results. LandSure is located in Downtown Vancouver, convenient to the Burrard Skytrain station.
Reporting to the Director, Customer Communications, the Communications Coordinator is responsible for delivering communications that elevate customer experience, address customer feedback, prepare customers for new products and services, and support stakeholder activities. This role has an emphasis on content creation and publishing on various platforms and media (articles, newsletters, website, social media, etc.), all related back to company purpose, strategy and goals. An entrepreneurial spirit, a ‘make it happen’ service orientation, and a growth mindset will help you thrive in this role.
We encourage you to apply if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Business, or equivalent
- At least 2 years’ professional writing experience and executing communications projects in a corporate setting (e.g. experience working in a B2B/B2G or technology environment would be an asset)
- Excellent writing and presentation skills with unwavering attention to detail and accuracy; proven track record of ensuring consistent messaging and tone across multiple elements
- Proficiency with MS Office, MailChimp, SurveyMonkey and other communication tools
- Proficiency with social media platforms (e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook) and tools such as HootSuite
- Proficiency with Drupal, WordPress or other content management systems
- Design savvy with basic knowledge of design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign)
For further information, please visit www.landsure.ca to view the job description.
To apply, please submit your resume and a covering email outlining how you meet the qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting competition number LS-1932 – Communications Coordinator.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
This position is excluded from union membership. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
The LTSA operates critical systems that underpin BC’s private property market, civil justice system, taxation and Crown land management frameworks. Ensuring we hire properly qualified and suitable candidates is necessary for the programs and activities of the LTSA and LandSure. As part of our hiring process, we will request that a candidate supply certain personal information so that we may conduct identity, reference, education and credential verification, and criminal record checks. Credit bureau inquiry checks may also be conducted for certain positions. As a public body, the LTSA is authorized to collect personal information under section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).