Are you seeking an opportunity to create a clean and fair world? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where your experience as a seasoned communicator is valued and in demand?
We’re a dynamic department of communicators seeking a new teammate who’s passionate about brand storytelling and making a difference. The ideal candidate is a self-starter skilled at providing sound communication advice to leaders, identifying opportunities and risks for internal and external communication, and delivering memorable and impactful communication plans and tactics.
The Communications Strategist is a key member of Vancity’s Government Relations and Public Affairs (GRPA) team. The role will concentrate on elevating Vancity’s internal brand communications, while also supporting a wide array of external communications, including public and media relations.
A typical day would involve:
- Providing comprehensive strategic communications advice, resources and tactics to achieve Vancity’s project and program objectives.
- Developing and implementing communications plans and tactics, including events, to support department and organization goals.
- Identifying, analyzing and addressing internal and external audience communication needs.
- Advising and supporting issues management to mitigate reputational risk and impact.
- Monitoring, measuring and reporting effectiveness of communication strategies against project and program objectives, and modifying to improve outcomes as needed.
- Attending meetings with internal and external stakeholders related to GRPA and Vancity project priorities and needs.
- Writing senior executive messages, briefing and speaking notes, key messages, press releases, blog posts, op-eds and stories; producing presentations and other communications collateral.
- Are an experienced strategic communications professional who understands the importance of message and how to position an organization’s story internally and externally.
- Are a superlative communicator with advanced written and oral skills.
- Know how to tell a consistent story across a diverse universe of stakeholder audiences and understand relationship management.
- Are service-oriented and collaborative, able to support the success of cross-functional objectives.
- Have excellent political acuity, adept at exercising informal influence across a large and diverse organization.
- 5 years of communications-specific experience working in a complex and fast-paced environment.
Bonus points, if you have:
- Political or non-profit advocacy experience.
- Video, graphic design and/or photography experience.
The role reports to the Senior Manager, Enterprise Communications, as part of Vancity’s Government Relations and Public Affairs team (GRPA). GRPA is a strategic resource to the CEO’s Office and Executive Leadership Team and provides advice and support to Vancity’s enterprise-wide priorities.
Posting deadline: Please apply by 4:00 PM PST, August 16, 2021. Apply online now.