QuadReal is an $18 billion global real estate company owned by the British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (bcIMC), one of Canada’s largest institutional investors with over $123 billion in assets. Based in Vancouver and established in June 2016 to manage bcIMC’s real estate assets, QuadReal’s managed assets total more than $18 billion including some of Canada’s best known addresses and an international portfolio invested in over 17 countries.
From our leadership team, to those working on site, to newest colleague, the energy and expertise our employees bring to the table is a defining advantage. The company is built on the strength of our people and a long-term view to returns that balance the interests of all involved – not just for now, but for the benefit of future generations.
The Executive Assistant, Corporate Development provides comprehensive administrative and select project management support to the Executive Vice President (EVP), Corporate Development. Working closely with the EVP and Corporate Development team, the Executive Assistant will assist with the management of varied, corporate projects, aid in the development of ongoing communication initiatives and play a vital role in ensuring a high level of communication within the Corporate Development team.
The Executive Assistant will be a strong communicator with highly effective organizational skills, creative flare and the ability to transform information into engaging and informative communication pieces that reflect QuadReal’s communication objectives and culture.
- Compose and/or prepare presentations, brochures, memorandums, correspondence and reports on behalf of the EVP by identifying required information, researching background information, and gathering it from appropriate sources.
- Coordinate meetings and gatherings, conference calls and travel arrangements for the EVP including preparation and submitting of expenses. Documentation and management of meeting outcomes will be helpful/required.
- Develop select internal and external communication pieces and support other development and maintenance of communication tools and channels.
- Liaise with the Corporate Development team and external agencies on key and emerging priorities.
- Prepare creative presentations in PowerPoint and other software programs that utilize photos, videos, audio material and other visual assets.
- Receive and screen information, visitors, and phone calls using judgement of sensitivity to the executive officer’s priorities.
- Provide information and refer callers to other appropriate individuals, if matters can be responded to elsewhere.
- Plan events and large meetings, including appropriate layout of rooms, seating arrangements, dinner menus, invitations, etc.
- Attend, minute and distribute materials for scheduled management meetings.
- Prepare correspondence, memos, minutes and reports frequently of a confidential, strategic and/or specialized nature from handwritten material.
- Coding invoices, expense reports, corporate credit card expenses and cheque requisitions.
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years of related administrative and communications experience. Experience managing and leading projects is considered an asset.
- University degree in a related discipline.
- Ability to use initiative and self-managing skills to work independently with minimal direction and respond effectively to issues that arise.
- Ability to effectively partner with all levels of the business and develop / sustain cooperative working relationships with internal staff, clients and external contacts. Adapt to different communication styles
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written; ability to exercise confidentiality. Ability to work effectively across time zones.
- Ability to allocate time effectively, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines; ability to handle multiple demands, competing priorities and adapt to new ideas and constant changes; analytical and detail-oriented. Keen focus on producing accurate and high caliber work.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel; advanced proficiency in spelling, punctuation and grammar