External Communications Advisor
Centrally located in downtown Vancouver, the British Columbia Securities Commission administers the Securities Act. Our mission is to foster fair and efficient capital markets and a competitive securities industry. We are an independent, self-funded agency accountable to the legislature and the public through the Minister of Finance.
You will be part of a team of communicators who provide a wide variety of communications services to the Commission. You are an experienced communicator who is responsible for external communications and engaging the public in our corporate website and social media channels. Key responsibilities include the development and execution of communication strategies for industry outreach, and educate external stakeholders about BCSC initiatives and policy.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A degree in Communications, Public Relations and/or Journalism or post degree certification in one of these fields
- Six or more years of experience in corporate communications
- Ability to lead projects with multiple interests and participants while delivering measurable results on time and on budget
- Ability to solve problems and to develop innovative solutions using strong analytical skills
- Strong writing, editing and proofing skills, including writing for websites, blogs and newsletters
- Strong attention to detail combined with the ability to plan and manage multiple projects or events
- Experience with content management systems (WordPress, Ektron), HTML, social media websites, web analytics, social ads and Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, etc.)
- MS Office skills including PowerPoint, spreadsheet development & management, and database management
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and team player who can work independently and manage multiple assignments. In addition, an understanding of the financial services industry or working in a regulatory environment, and experience working in a public relations agency would be an asset. Completion of the Canadian Securities Course or an Accredited Business Communicator (ABC) or Accredited in Public Relations (APR) designation is an asset.
We offer a challenging and rewarding work environment, and a competitive compensation package. The salary range is from $70,000-$89,000 depending on experience. The total compensation package includes a defined benefit pension plan, four weeks of vacation, and a full range of benefits. The position may require some travel, and work outside of BCSC’s operating hours.
Visit http://www.bcsc.bc.ca/employment.asp to explore this exciting opportunity and apply online by November 15, 2018. Competition #18:142. Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada. Investment restrictions apply. We are an equal opportunity, merit-based employer.