Reporting to the Director, Communications, the Manager, Communications is responsible for managing external and internal communications for Mitacs. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, proactive, excellent communicator, with a track record of professionalism, leadership, and initiative. Their strength as a team player is balanced by an ability to work independently in a fast-paced and flexible environment. Known for their exceptional communication and relationship-building skills, they are effective in their interactions with key stakeholders in business, government, and academic spheres.
- Under the supervision of the Director, Communications, manage the external and internal Mitacs communications strategy
- Oversee media relations, including curating and pitching stories, working with story sources, prepping interview subjects, and working with external contractors
- Manage team members’ performance and support them in their development and growth
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of team processes, operations, and best practices
- Collaborate with marketing, government relations, international partnerships, and business development teams to maximize communications to external audiences
- Oversee or write/produce communications materials, including social media content, news releases, speaking notes, articles, case studies, videos, and other collateral
- Monitor, measure, and report on communications activities
Skills and Experience Required:
- A degree or diploma in communications or journalism with at least six years of progressively senior roles, including experience managing people and contractors
- Extensive experience in the planning, execution, and evaluation of communications activities. Experience with national and international communications
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communications abilities coupled with superior interpersonal skills
- Highly collaborative, with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables under tight deadlines
- Self-starter who works well in a team environment
- Ability to anticipate challenges and understand implications of decisions
- Enjoys a fast-paced and flexible environment
- Written and verbal fluency in French is an asset
Please apply online: https://mitacs.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/view.php?id=320.
Mitacs fosters a culture where creativity and innovation is valued and encouraged. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and a team-based work environment.