The Network for Business Sustainability is hiring a Marketing and Communications Officer! Please consider joining our team!
A few quick items: NBS is located in London, Ontario (Ivey Business School, Western University), but the team works virtually. However, the candidate must have a Canadian work permit. The position is up to 25 hours/ week. Applications are due August 27 with a September start date…
Full details are below. You will apply through the Western University jobs site; go to the general jobs site and search for Job ID 20427.
With questions about the position, please contact Maya Fischhoff: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job ID: 20427
Application Deadline: August 27, 2020
Start Date: September 2020
Hourly Rate: $29.00 to $37.00; Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Who you are:
You are a skilled communicator, who can deploy a range of communications technologies to reach business audiences. You are comfortable analyzing data to assess the effectiveness of your communications activities and adjusting your approach accordingly. You understand how business executives think and can communicate and partner with them. You are independent, entrepreneurial, and creative, and are motivated by clear goals.
You are excited about joining the small agile team at the Network for Business Sustainability (NBS, https://www.nbs.net/), housed at the Ivey Business School. NBS brings researchers and managers together to co-create knowledge and solutions that will make business more sustainable. It then mobilizes that knowledge digitally to support business leaders in their sustainable actions. More than 33,000 business leaders, researchers and students from around the world contribute to and follow our work. We also facilitate a community of 170+ sustainability research centres in business schools around the world.
What you’ll do:
• Recommend, design and execute NBS outreach activities, based on user data and trends in digital media. Suggest new activities and discard ineffective ones. This requires you to be creative and disciplined in prioritizing, to ensure limited team resources are spent on only the highest potential ideas.
• Use social media and other influencer outreach strategies to amplify the impact of NBS content.
• Optimize search engine performance and user experience on the website.
• Work with the team to scope recommended activities to fit team resource constraints.
• Work with contractors to maintain and enhance the NBS website.
• Collect metrics that effectively measure impact of digital engagement activities. Suggest improvements to impact assessment, as needed.
What you’ll have:
You will be able to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to establish and refine the strategies that drive traffic to our content.
Education and Experience:
• College or university program related to communications, marketing or related field
• Several years of experience in a digital communication agency or equivalent
• Work in sustainability area is a plus
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong understanding of digital communication strategy (including community management strategy)
• Deep knowledge of digital communications technologies
• Strong understanding of SEO\SEA
• Analytics (GA, Search Engine etc.)
• Squarespace maintenance (Basic understanding of HTML, a plus)
• Basic understanding of Adobe Photoshop/illustrator/InDesign or equivalent
• A creative mind and a strategic vision (understand best practices for assessing the impact of digital outreach)
• Work autonomously with a great capacity for initiative
• Resourcefulness with a “problem-solving” orientation
• Excellent prioritizing and time management skills
• A keen eye for design
• Effective writing skills and strong verbal communication skills
• Function well in virtual distributed teams
• An interest in sustainability
What you will gain: NBS works on the world’s most challenging issues — the “grand challenges” facing humanity. Your expertise will make a difference on these issues. You will have the opportunity to lead NBS communication efforts, and your skills will be valued by our supportive, close-knit team. You will connect with leading thinkers and doers around the world, in the spheres of business, academia, and the public sector. NBS embraces virtual teamwork and flexible working hours to accommodate people who must work within constraints.
Location : NBS is based in London, Canada, however remote work is an option.
Position type: One-year, part-time contract, up to 25 hours per week with a strong possibility of renewal. Hours are flexible although sometimes the work is time sensitive.
Western offers a broad and exciting variety of part-time and temporary employment opportunities with ample room for job exploration and growth. Within our beautiful campus, you are part of a progressive work environment that promotes work/life balance including access to our state-of-the-art recreation centre. Apply for an opportunity to be part of the Western community and contribute to its success!
Applying at Western
To ensure that your application is given full consideration, please complete all relevant sections of the application. In addition, you can choose to supplement your application with a cover letter and current resume.
Consideration of applicants will include an assessment of previous performance, experience, and qualifications. Applicants should have oral communication skills in English.
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.