VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation is Vancouver Coastal Health's primary philanthropic partner, raising funds for specialized adult health services and research for all British Columbians. We partner with donors to drive innovation and sustainable health care at VGH & UBC Hospital, GF Strong Rehab Centre, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute and Vancouver Community Health Services. Further information about the Foundation is available at www.vghfoundation.ca.
VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation is looking for a Marketing & Communications Officer – an experienced MarComm generalist to support the communications and fundraising activities of the Foundation. Reporting to the Associate Director, Marketing and Communications, the Officer will identify, recommend, implement and measure marketing and communications initiatives to raise funds and awareness. The candidate will be a strategic thinker with a flair for storytelling and desire to create outstanding MarComm tools for a great cause.
- Supports the development of Marketing & Communications initiatives to achieve fundraising and positioning goals/objectives.
- Builds an understanding of Vancouver Coastal Health’s fundraising priorities and identify, seek out and plan story ideas/opportunities.
- Develops and creates compelling and interesting materials to support fundraising and marketing initiatives, including newsletters, brochures, posters, event handouts, digital content, videos, advertising and other collateral material.
- Project manages production of video assets, including working with external vendors, developing and maintaining project deadlines, creating project briefs, participating in storyboarding, and identifying and scheduling interviews.
- Reviews and revises marketing and communication materials to ensure consistent delivery of overall Foundation branding and style guide execution in all mediums.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or post-graduate diploma in journalism, communications and/or public relations, or equivalent
- Five+ years’ experience in writing and/or communications
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a flair for storytelling in print, online and through social media channels; editing and proof-reading skills, working knowledge of Canadian Press style
- Experience in the non-profit sector writing to support fundraising
- Self-starter with the ability to follow through on tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple, often-competing priorities in a fast-paced environment with tight timelines
- A strong team player with excellent judgment, interpersonal skills, resourcefulness, and creativity
- Organized and detail-oriented
- A strategic thinker who can effectively collaborate with stakeholders at all levels
- Familiarity with the advanced features of Microsoft Office suite of products and knowledge of a donor management system (Raiser’s Edge) preferred. Knowledge of InDesign is also an asset.
- Experience in the non-profit sector an asset as is a sense of humour and passion for creating “best in class” brand materials
This is a full-time, permanent position with competitive salary and benefits. Start date: Immediate.
If you possess the qualifications and experience indicated, please email your resume and cover letter, with “Marketing Communications Officer” in the subject line, by June 12, 2018 to:
Corina Somerville (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation
855 West 12th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5Z 1M9