About the Role &Talk Shop
Talk Shop, Western Canada’s largest and most connected public relations firm, is looking for an Account Manager for a maternity leave contract position for our team. Leaders in real estate, technology, consumer goods, lifestyle, luxury, retail, and finance, Talk Shop is made up of bright talent and brands looking to engage consumers, media, social, and influencer marketing differently.
The individual coming into this role will have relevant experience related to public relations and a strong grasp of marketing, communications and client management. As an Account Manager, this person will be responsible for leading PR strategy for a portfolio of clients, supporting the Business Director on a variety of communication tasks and participating in business development as required.
- Manage a fast-paced, deadline-driven workload for a portfolio of clients
- Develop and execute on out-of-the-box PR/communications concepts and strategies
- Manage and/or support in all aspects of communications and marketing for Talk Shop clients including but not limited to strategy & planning, media list building, creative writing, pitching, event management, influencer relations, and reporting
- Direct Account Associates on account execution as necessary, including media list building, creative writing, pitching, event management, and reporting
- Manage account priorities and balance a deadline-driven workload with complete accuracy
- Oversee event management where applicable
- Maintain regular client communication and ensure consistent results on a monthly basis
- Design and track appropriate metrics to track success
- Be proactive about account needs and identifying necessary improvements
- Evaluate Account Associate performance on team
- Motivate and encourage team
- Maintain a positive attitude about work and the business
- Support Business Director(s) with business development/sales as required
- Post-secondary education
- Minimum of 3 – 4 years of relevant PR industry experience. PR agency experience an asset.
- Experience in the hospitality, food & beverage, lifestyle and retail industries considered an asset
- Strong knowledge or experience in communications or marketing
- Exceptional creativity – a great eye for a story, and ability to come up with creative ways to use communications to engage stakeholders
- Excellent writing skills – ability to weave current events, tech news, trends and data into insightful content for online and media consumption
- Organizational skills - ability to manage priorities and balance deadline-driven workload with complete accuracy
- Presentation skills – able to run meetings and present concepts effectively
- Project Management skills – able to lead teams and projects to success and manage multiple personalities in addition to ensuring project is on time and on budget
- Client Relation skills - experience working with all level of clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to manage teams and clients effectively
- Work hard-play-hard personality that values humility, ingenuity, humor and integrity
- Desire to grow within a company – looking for long term employment potential
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation will be dependent on relevant experience. After 3 months of employment, the individual will be entitled to Talk Shop’s comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Enrolment in an extended health, vision/dental plan
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- 1 Work from Home Day a month
- Partial mobile phone reimbursement
Start Date: December 2019
How to Apply
Email your resume with a cover letter and two writing samples to email@example.com.
Successful candidates will be contacted and while we appreciate the time required to apply, we ask that applicants do not call the office to follow up.