Promotion Specialist Web and Social Media, Screening Programs – BC Cancer
Help us screen more people for cancer by creating and implementing interactive strategies and solutions.
- Promote screening to eligible populations and drive visitor traffic to BCCA screening websites using online and traditional marketing.
- Identify cancer screening-focused public relations opportunities, building strong relationships with specific groups or communities to create grass root promotion efforts, and will play a pivotal role in developing strategic partnerships with organizations to leverage screening promotions activities.
- Guide internal customers across Screening Programs to incorporate best practices in interactive marketing and drive continuous improvement across Screening Program initiatives.
- Lead web performance measurement, report development and the interpretation and translation of data into actionable enhancement recommendations for interactive assets and initiatives.
- Research and evaluate potential new tools and resources to assist in achieving BCCA’s Screening Program’s business goal of increasing participation rates in provincial cancer screening programs.
- In conjunction with the Promotions team, ensure Screening Program communications are high quality, consistent and facilitate change while maintaining relationships among internal and external stakeholders.
- Report to the Leader, Screening Promotions and be a member of the Screening Promotions team.
- Education, training and experience equivalent to an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline such as Business Administration, Public Relations or Communications.
- A minimum of five years of experience in a communications or marketing role implementing, evaluating and enhancing interactive marketing initiatives including two years of experience in search engine marketing efforts, web analytics tools such as Web Trends and Google Analytics.
- Experience using content management tools and publishing online content.
- Knowledge of current Internet and interactive marketing trends and technologies.
- Strong critical thinking and analysis skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written) and the ability to create compelling publications.
- Demonstrated skill and proficiency in organizational electronic communication technology, desktop publishing and web-based technology practices.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Handle highly confidential and sensitive issues with skill, tact and diplomacy.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Prioritize your workload and reprioritize quickly to meet changing priorities.
- Work under time pressure to meet deadlines and assist others to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively and diplomatically with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
If this sounds like you, apply here!
BC Cancer (www.bccancer.bc.ca) is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). PHSA provides specialized health services to British Columbians, including cancer care, organ transplantation, pediatrics, emergency services, mental health and substance use services. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
- Regular, Full-Time
- Monday to Friday, 0830-1630
- 686 W Broadway, Vancouver, BC V5Z 1G1