Are you a resourceful, self-motivated administrative assistant with the power to initiate plans, act on your decisions, and independently follow through to completion? Do you have an interest in the field of communications? We have an opportunity in our Corporate Communications department for an administrative assistant to provide seamless support while building a strong rapport with team members.
In this role you’ll provide confidential assistance to a director who oversees a department that is responsible for helping WorkSafeBC engage with external and internal stakeholders. You’ll be helping us tell our story of how we make a difference to people in British Columbia. To be successful, you’ll be able to anticipate the needs of our client groups, while using good judgment and interacting in a friendly and approachable manner.
Consider joining a dedicated team working to build effective communications. We offer a starting hourly wage of $25.87 plus benefits, programs, and activities that support a healthy lifestyle.
What you’ll do
As an administrative assistant in the Corporate Communications department, you will:
- Organize, compile, and type confidential reports, minutes, and correspondence
- Establish and maintain files and records and maintain comprehensive tracking systems for sensitive correspondence and files
- Manage the director’s calendar
- Administer the Corporate Sponsorship Program
- Compile departmental budget summaries and various monthly statistics
- Arrange appointments, meetings, and seminars, and make travel and accommodation arrangements
- Maintain office supplies and stationary
Is this a good fit for you?
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Display a high degree of professionalism when handling confidential files and information
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accurately handle concurrent activities
- Be resourceful and work independently
- Build and maintain cooperative working relationships with a variety of individuals
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain a high level of customer service
Your experience and educational background:
- Completion of Grade 12
- A minimum of three years of experience in a secretarial or administrative support role
- Demonstrated ability to proficiently use Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to type a minimum of 60 words per minute
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across B.C. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 238,000 registered employers in our province.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package may include vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life. Learn more about what we offer.
We’re an inclusive and accessible employer, committed to employment equity objectives, and we invite applications from all qualified individuals. Please note that this position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Visit www.worksafebc.com and select Careers to submit a resume and cover letter that details your characteristics, accomplishments, and prior work experience related to the requirements for the position. We can only accept applications submitted through our website.
Thank you, in advance, for applying. Unfortunately, we’re only able to contact those whose applications we will be pursuing further.