Little Flower Academy, Vancouver, BC
The Advancement Department of LFA is seeking a qualified and experienced Advancement Communications Officer. We are looking for a dedicated and creative individual to join our small, nimble, and highly effective advancement team.
This position reports to the Director of Advancement. The advancement team is responsible for fundraising, alumnae programmes, communications and marketing for the school. The successful applicant will develop and maintain the school’s website and assist in creating and producing publications and communications pieces, social media content, and strategies to connect the school and its fundraising with key constituencies including prospective applicants, students, parents, alumnae and donors.
The ideal candidate is a confident person with superb relationship, organizational and communications skills, has the ability to multi-task and has experience in a similar school or non-profit environment. The successful applicant must support the Catholic character of the school.
This is a full time position.
Marketing & Communication
- Participate in the development and implementation of communication strategies
- Writing and editing content for the website, news items, e-notifications, and publications, including our school’s annual magazine and the prospectus
- Maintain the school’s website and portals using Blackbaud’s Content Management System (CMS)
- Develop strategy and manage school’s social media accounts
- Coordinate and produce the school and alumnae e-newsletters
- Liaise with students and Parents’ Auxiliary to provide communications support for school activities and events
- Manage the calendar of communication-relevant activities
- Support faculty and staff with use of the website through the CMS
- Marketing support for school and Parents’ Auxiliary related events
- Logistical support for school-sponsored events
- On-site support for school-sponsored events
- Follow process in keeping our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database—Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge—up to date
- Regularly access the CRM to inform segmentation and personalization for communications pieces
Skills and Qualifications
- 2 to 5 years of communication/marketing/journalism/fundraising or other field relevant to the position experience
- Undergraduate degree, ideally in Communications or Marketing
- In-depth knowledge of traditional, digital and social media communication
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with attention to detail
- An understanding of the culture of independent schools OR a desire to work in a school setting
- Demonstrated use of digital content (written, graphic, video) and social media strategies
- Experience with digital software website CMS and, ideally, experience using school-specific Learning Management Systems
- Experience with Adobe suite (InDesign and Photoshop in particular) or other graphic design programs
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, Google applications, presentation software, and content management systems
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to accept feedback and work well under pressure
How to Apply
Visit the Little Flower Academy employment opportunities page: Little Flower Academy | Employment Opportunities (lfabc.org)
Applications will be accepted until December 3, 2021.