The Associate Director, Community Engagement and Strategic Partnerships develops and implements external relations engagement programs including educational workshops and conferences, public talks, signature events and community engagement partnerships. In partnership with internal and external stakeholders, the Associate Director develops short- and long-term programming strategies and policies to increase the profile of SFU Beedie School of Business. The role supports and facilitates community engagement initiatives and acts as a point of liaison with a variety of community organizations and individuals wishing to engage with SFU Beedie and its programs. The Associate Director, Community Engagement and Strategic Partnerships works closely with the supervisor to pursue links and synergies with external stakeholders and liaises with internal stakeholders to identify opportunities and align strategic objectives. In collaboration with the Director, Marketing, Communication and Branding and Assistant Dean, External Relations, the Associate Director acts as an advisor to the faculty on community engagement opportunities, serving on relevant boards and committees, and engaging with a variety of stakeholders. The Associate Director negotiates terms and drafts partnership contracts and sponsorship agreements.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field with six years of related experience, including experience in community engagement and events, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of event management and promotion.
- Excellent knowledge of client relationship, public relations and marketing skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and public presentation).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent budget planning and management skills.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to design community engagement programming that complements and reinforces the character and vision of the faculty.
- Ability to engage the constituents and establish and maintain community partnerships with individuals and groups.
- Ability to operate cross-functionally between multiple departments and internal and external stakeholders while exercising tact, diplomacy and professionalism.
- Ability to use standard office software including word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation applications.
Please include your cover letter and resume in one attachment.