The Communications Advisor – Internal Communications and Employee Engagement is responsible and accountable for planning, coordinating and executing internal communications activities in support of the organizations goals and objectives. The Communications Advisor is responsible for providing communications advice, tools and tactics to enable leadership to effectively motivate and engage employees. The Communications Advisor facilitates communications by creating internal communication campaigns and supporting material, writing, editing, and coordinating design, photography and video.
The Communications Advisor reports directly to the Manager, Communications. This role liaises closely with specific divisional leaders, managers and supervisors, as well as Seaspan Shipyard’s Public Affairs group. This position does not have any direct reports.
- Serves of primary point of contact for all internal Communications requirements for Seaspan Marine Transportation and Seaspan Shipyards
- Supports the redesign and launch, as well as on-going management, governance and promotion of the company’s Sharepoint intranet
- As a key part of the company’s internal newsletter’s editorial team, manages timelines, budget, and editorial focus areas of each issue
- Drafts and edits internal communications for multiple audiences including: employee news articles, leadership messages or producing presentations
- Assists with the coordination of events that fall under the Seaspan brand.
- May occasionally attend community events, conferences, and tradeshows as a Seaspan representative.
- Ensures that all internal communications are executed in accordance with the company brand image and messaging
- Provides support for the coordination of requirements for, and/or manages all client-based graphic design projects and other associated external vendors.
- May develop presentation decks as required by Senior Leadership.
- Participates in the development and administration of the annual Corporate Communications budget.
- Supports internal, community relations and social media campaigns.
- May provide project management assistance for specific product or theme-related internal and external campaigns as relevant to Seaspan.
- Others duties as required.
Education and Experience
- A post-secondary degree in Communications, Journalism or a related field is required
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in communications, ideally internal communications and/or employee engagement.
- Experience with Sharepoint (Intranet/Employee) portal management
- Experience in a B2B, industrial/manufacturing, service-based industry preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Communications experience in a deadline-driven, multi-stakeholders, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written English and grammar skills.
- Technologically savvy
- Strong communication skills.
- Social media savvy with exceptional understanding of online communications tools and tactics.
- Strong creative and design skills. Photographic ability an asset.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and manage their time effectively.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Strong ability to develop and maintain relationships both internally with Executives, Managers and all levels of employees internally as well as externally with outside vendors.
Please Note: While we appreciate all applications of interest, initial consideration will be given to potential Candidates already located within the Metro Vancouver area.
If you are interested in this position, please visit our careers page at www.seaspan.com/careers to apply.