ICBC’s Public Affairs team has an exciting opportunity for a Communications Advisor with a focus on helping to lead the development of ICBC’s corporate media relations strategy and acting as a primary spokesperson. The advisor may also help develop communications plans for high-profile corporate initiatives. This is a senior position within the department and will frequently require availability outside of normal working hours.
In this role, you will:
• Help lead the development of ICBC’s corporate media relations strategy.
• Act as a primary spokesperson for the corporation while ensuring good relationships with the media and being a key media contact, 24/7.
• Develop and deliver key messages to the media, help brief senior leadership on emerging media issues and ensure timely and accurate responses to the media.
• Assist in training senior leadership and subject matter experts to also act as spokespeople for the corporation.
• Work with other business areas across ICBC to help them manage media issues and to proactively promote their initiatives.
• Develop communications strategies which support ICBC’s corporate goals, and plan and coordinate the supporting implementation activities and communication materials.
• Provide strategic advice to senior management and business areas to help manage related risks and issues.
• Mentor and coach more junior members of the Communications team.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships across the organization to enable effective communications planning and delivery.
• Liaise with other members of the Communications team to ensure a common understanding of current issues, activities and key messages; in addition, lead/participate in initiatives that support the other areas of the team.
To make an immediate contribution in this role, the successful candidate will possess the following:
• You have a background in leading media relations strategy, experience acting as a spokesperson and corporate communications planning in a large multi-stakeholder organization or an equivalent combination of experience and education (preferably a undergraduate degree in a related field).
• Experience working for a Crown corporation is an asset.
• You have experience doing work that requires the understanding of complex concepts and procedures.
• You’re a team player with excellent organizational skills, strong writing and interpersonal communication skills.
• You’re willing to work as hard as the job demands and put in the hours required to ensure your projects are a success.
Please apply on company site: https://bit.ly/2XJEDWA