Communications and Education
British Columbia Securities Commission
Centrally located in downtown Vancouver, the British Columbia Securities Commission (BCSC) administers the Securities Act. Our mission is to foster fair and efficient capital markets and a competitive securities industry. We are an independent agency accountable to the legislature and the public through the Minister of Finance.
Are you looking for a new challenge? The Communications Coordinator supports the Manager, Investor Education and Engagement and senior communications staff in the branch. You will write and edit investor education materials and work on various education projects, events, and outreach activities. This position also provides support to others in the Communications & Education division when requested.
- A post secondary degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or Education and 1- to 3 years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Team player and self-starter, who can work independently and manage multiple assignments
- Strong writing, editing, and proofing skills, including writing for websites, blogs, and newsletters
- Experience communicating with stakeholders and organizing events, meetings, and outreach activities
- Familiarity with social media websites, content strategy, digital marketing, and social ads
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications, WordPress and Hootsuite
- MS Office skills including spreadsheet development and management, and database management
- Experience producing and analyzing Google Analytics data and producing reports
- We offer a challenging and rewarding work environment, and a competitive compensation package that includes four weeks of annual vacation and a defined benefit pension plan. Visit http://www.bcsc.bc.ca/employment.asp to explore this exciting opportunity and apply online by May 15, 2019. Competition 19:115. Investment restrictions apply. Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada. Investment restrictions apply. We are an equal opportunity merit-based employer.
- Financial services industry experience and/or Canadian Securities Course completion considered an asset.