WE BRING ENERGY TO THE WORLD. BRING YOUR ENERGY AND PASSION TO TEEKAY
We’re looking for our next Communications Coordinator!
We want an energetic, innovative, agile and reliable communicator who can actively support the communication requirements for our stakeholder communities - internal and external, local and global.
In this role, you will have your finger on the heartbeat of the organization and play a critical role in bringing our global community of more than 5500+ sea and shore staff together, while showcasing what our #TeekaySpirit is all about.
Our team is small – yet nimble, and functions as a quasi-independent agency, providing strategic guidance and innovative new ideas for the organization. We deliver end-to-end projects and produce polished collateral products to showcase Teekay in a modern, fresh, inviting way.
Some of the things you’ll be doing
- Manage the full content ecosystem of our website and social channels by maintaining content calendar, developing content, ensuring content relevance, analyzing metrics and monitoring/developing our presence
- Execute on wide range of communications projects, campaigns and initiatives from internal employee engagement to external business development
- Develop communication collateral including presentations, publications, advertising, key messages, etc.
- Provide creative direction for media assets, photography, and video
- Maintain brand standards and guidelines by ensuring brand collateral is up to date/used appropriately and support user engagement and training
- Be an active member of the emergency response communications team
What we are looking for
- A natural storyteller with 3+ years of experience working in a communications role
- Solid project execution: deliver (multiple) projects from end-to-end, hitting deadlines without compromising quality
- Digital know-how: up-to-date understanding of emerging technologies and digital media/tools
- Stakeholder management: ability to work with, understand, and support wide range of stakeholders; as well as ability to manage external vendors
- Employee engagement and culture: understanding of internal communications and change management best practices
- Issues management: ability to execute crisis communications plans and manage media inquiries to protect reputation and brand; ability to think/act under pressure
- Creative, action-oriented attitude: get things done and provide clever solutions under own direction, often under time and budget constraints
- Curiosity and can-do approach: willingness to stretch, grow and learn by taking on (many) other projects and #JustDoIt.
What you can expect in return
At Teekay you will find an engaged workplace alongside 5,500+ professionals across the globe. Within all this wonderful diversity, this is what brings us together:
- We live by our #TeekaySPIRIT values - they always guide our actions, no compromises.
- People who are committed to excellence, developing their professional experience as they deliver organizational outcomes
- An open collaborative workplace where you can have immediate impact
- A workplace where everyone is a leader
- Challenging work in a dynamic environment
- A competitive total compensation package including extended health benefits, pension, short-term incentive awards, flexible spending allowance.
More About Teekay in Vancouver
Located in the heart of downtown, our Vancouver office is the headquarters of our trans-national organization. Home to more than 140 employees, the space hosts various teams from Corporate Resources, to Finance and Accounting, to Legal, Tax and Insurance. Find out more about life at Teekay in Vancouver.