Be the Change Group is an unconventional consulting and creative agency that brings together researchers and creatives under one roof to address health equity and climate change, and improve social determinants of health. A mission-based, woman-owned, certified B Corp, we work with global innovators, problem solvers, and leaders in health + climate + education. Our revered and intimate culture emphasizes growth, mentorship, purpose, friendship, and fun.
If you are passionate and excited about health, education, climate, and anything that makes this world a better place, and believe in building happier and healthier communities, Be the Change Group is the company for you. We provide full-service support through the interdisciplinary integration of our three teams: the research and community engagement team, the strategy and communications team, and the design and development team. You’ll work with a team of committed human beings in a supportive and energizing environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that takes diversity and inclusion seriously. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (non-exhaustive list): ethnicity, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Our mission statement is simple. Do good things. Work with amazing people. Make communities healthy. Create lasting change.
About the role
Our team is growing! As a communications coordinator, you will play an important role in the development and implementation of communications initiatives that support the strategic objectives of Be the Change Group and our clients.
In this role, you’ll help foster a positive image of the company, sharing our values, interests, and updates with target audiences through our social media channels and newsletter. You’ll also support client projects, developing content for reports and presentations, tracking campaigns, providing evaluation and analysis of communication initiatives, and carrying out other tasks as needed.
- Research and write content to enhance strategic communications and marketing activities for Be the Change Group and its clients.
- Lead the strategy and ongoing development of Be the Change Group’s social media channels, website, and quarterly newsletter.
- Post and monitor content on social media platforms, and advise on discussion trends and best practices.
- Prepare analytics and evaluation reports.
- Participate in project debrief sessions.
- Develop and write project case studies and summaries.
- Demonstrated initiative and interest in digital communications
- Social media skills and experience using a range of social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Knowledge of the principles of health promotion and health equity and promotion
- Post-secondary education in communications, marketing, public health, or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience in communications, (non-profit or health-related organizations an asset)
- Ability to write concisely, clearly, and quickly with minimal oversight or copyediting
- Technological savvy and the ability to learn new online platforms relatively quickly
Reports to: Senior Communications Lead
Salary: $45,000-$57,000/year ($21-$27/hr), depending on hours requested and experience
Application deadline: February 15, 2022
Please note that our clients include public health agencies and all our staff must be double vaccinated to meet supplier requirements. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
To apply, please submit a cover letter with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “COMMUNICATIONS”.