Western Forest Products is looking for a Communications Manager to join our team located at our Vancouver, B.C. Corporate Office.
Working closely with the business, the Communications Manager is responsible for developing and implementing internal and external communications plans in support of Western’s business priorities and initiatives. The Communications Manager will provide strategic direction and execute on plans and initiatives to strengthen communications to all internal and external audiences, with the overall objective of strengthening the Defining a Higher Standard brand and driving employee engagement.
- Develop and implement strategic internal and external communications plans in support of Western’s business priorities and initiatives
- Develop standards, templates and processes and implement new tools and utilize existing tools to support communications best practices
- Provide strategic communications counsel and advice on effective messages, tactics and opportunities
- Establish, manage and execute on an internal and external communications calendar
- Approve all internal communications to ensure consistency and coordination across the organization
- Develop an intranet strategy and support the build and maintenance of the tool
- Develop, manage and implement all company website and social media communications strategies
- Manage, monitor and lead content creation and curation for all internal and external communications channels
- Serve as a strategic business partner to leaders, teams and functions across the company
- Develop communications collateral, including speeches, presentations, fact sheets, position statements
- Support the development and implementation of issues management strategies and tactics
- Manage reputational risks and issues, assisting with rapid and effective communications
- Participate in crisis communications planning
- Serve as media spokesperson as required
Education and Experience
- University degree, preferably in public relations, journalism or communications,
- Minimum of ten (10) years related experience in area of public relations, issues and reputation management, social media and internal communications
- Strong track record of successfully developing and executing strategic communications plans
- Proven experience establishing, planning and executing internal and external communications efforts
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of effective communications as they relate to both internal and external focused communications
- Expert knowledge of social media platforms
- Highly collaborative
- Can manage multiple projects simultaneously
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources, analyze that information and recommend courses of action to be taken
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to deadlines
- Proven effectiveness building relationships with internal customers
This position will remain open until filled. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply early for consideration.
Internal candidates please apply to this posting and notify recruitment of your interest.