Communications - Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada - Full Time
You are a communications generalist with strategic and tactical skills that are easily adapted and applied across a broad range of channels and platforms. A natural collaborator, you lead internal teams, advise leadership, and provide clear direction to external vendors. You enjoy lots of variety and your ideal day might include polishing up an executive presentation, scheduling social media posts, interviewing a designer for an upcoming blog post, and getting briefed on a new project.
Smart, Savvy + Associates has partnered with our client, a national real estate development company, in their search for a Communications Manager. Reporting to the Communications Director, this role oversees all activities related to corporate communications and marketing programs. If you’re an excellent strategist, a strong writer, and are known for getting things done, consider applying for this 12-month contract position today!
About the role:
The Communications Manager is responsible for developing strategy and execution to support the company’s corporate communications and marketing programs and initiatives, as well as special projects. Main areas of responsibility include:
- Provide communications advice and support for multiple real estate development projects, ensuring brand standards are upheld
- Write and publish content for digital channels and print/email distribution including blog posts, newsletters, news releases, daily social media calendar
- Manage proactive public relations strategy including pitching media and developing working relationships with media outlets
- Lead marketing initiatives including advertising, video production, photography, digital campaigns, working in collaborations with external vendors
- Own internal Yammer channel
- Manage website content and coordinate website updates with external vendor
- Responsible for production of multiple annual reports; development of executive presentations, special event communications, award submissions
- Post-secondary education in communications, public relations, or related area
- 5+ years’ experience in corporate communications
- Computer savvy with strong ability in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Hootsuite, and popular social media channels,
- Skilled in using social media for business communications, along with other digital marketing tools including email marketing and data analysis
About Smart, Savvy + Associates Recruitment Professionals
Smart, Savvy + Associates are experts in helping marketing and communications leaders find people and develop teams that thrive and deliver inspiring results. As a people performance company, we specialize in finding marketing and communications talent in the Pacific North West. Our specialty is strong relationships: we get to know our candidates and we take the time to explore the job requirements, workplace culture, and business objectives surrounding each hire.