We are proud to be selected as one of B.C.'s Top Employers for 2022!
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute your experience, knowledge and passion in a meaningful way, CLBC is the place for you!
Community Living British Columbia (CLBC) is a Crown corporation responsible for arranging supports and services for adults with developmental disabilities and their families. CLBC staff strive to advance the vision of Lives filled with possibilities in welcoming communities. More than just a job, CLBC is about compassion, commitment, contribution, collaboration and community.
As a Communications Specialist-Projects and Stakeholder Initiatives at CLBC, you are responsible for leading communications for key projects within our strategic plan and for supporting enhanced stakeholder communications. You will support enhanced stakeholder communications, including monthly calls with individuals, families and services providers and public participation in open board meetings.
In this position, you will help ensure staff are well prepared for the launch of new initiatives and that there are strong communications to listen to and inform staff, individuals, families, service providers and other stakeholders about CLBC's programs and strategic direction.
Key responsibilities include:
- Participating in the development, implementation and evaluation of strategic communications goals and objectives for CLBC
- Identifying potential issues and opportunities involving the development, production and distribution of communications and developing strategies to address these issues
- Leading communications support to CLBC strategic plan projects and initiatives by joining project teams, attending project meetings, working with project managers to identify feasible work plans and creating and implementing communications plans. This includes being able to evaluate and report on the success of communications and project implementation
- Researching, writing, editing and helping design and produce diverse communications materials such as Executive messages and presentations, staff messages, Q and As, external announcements, speeches, briefing notes, backgrounders, as well as digital content for our website and intranet
- Creating and publishing digital information on different platforms, including WordPress and SharePoint
- Writing stories to support all communications programs, including interviewing staff, individuals, families, service providers.
- Filming, editing and producing short video interviews to create accessible, effective plain language communications tools
- Working closely with the Online Communications Specialist and the Internal Communications Specialist to publish project communications materials. Providing backup support to manage website and intranet content when needed
You will stand out if you have:
- A demonstrated ability to do communications planning and writing with a good grasp of plain language communication
- Demonstrated experience in project communications and change management
- A proven ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with people at every level of the organization and key stakeholders both internal and external to CLBC
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle pressure and work in a dynamic work environment, adapting to changing priorities and deadlines, emerging issues, and competing demands
- Experience with developing and working on digital communications strategies and platforms, including knowledge of how to enhance engagement on these platforms.
- Excellent skills monitoring and using top social media platforms
- Sound ability to work in multimedia platforms including creating simple videos and publishing on a WordPress website and a Sharepoint based intranet
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Public Relations, English, or equivalent and relevant discipline,
- Five (5) years of experience in public relations, corporate communications, or media relations in a large, complex organization
- An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be considered
Location: This position may work from any major CLBC office: Vancouver, Victoria, Kelowna, Nanaimo, Prince George.
This position is posted to fill a vacancy
Classification/Salary: Communications Officer R24 - Position starts at $66,557 annually
The health and safety of our team and communities is paramount to CLBC. Accordingly, we require anyone joining our team to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination.
Closing date: March 31, 2022
Apply now! Submit a resume and cover letter through our online application system to the attention of Jaimie Willows. Resumes received by other methods will not be considered.
Successful applicants are subject to a Criminal Record Check (Criminal Records Review Act).
An eligibility list for internal candidates may be established. This list is shared with the Labour Management Committee.
Community Living BC is an equal opportunity employer.