Seeking an extraordinary person to fill this role.
You are a communications specialist, passionate about sharing research results with broad audiences. You have the keen ability to create and drive communications plans. You oversee multiple projects with an eye to detail; you deftly juggle multiple priorities and deliver outstanding results consistently. You thrive in an entrepreneurial-spirited environment that serves multiple stakeholders including government, academia, business partners and internal clients.
The Communications Specialist is responsible for the planning and execution of communication activities. The successful candidate for this position will be a self-motivated, proactive, excellent communicator, with a track record of professionalism and leadership. Their strength as a team player is balanced by an ability to work independently in a fast-paced and flexible environment. Known for their exceptional communication and relationship-building skills, they are effective and diplomatic in their interactions with key stakeholders in business, academia, and government spheres.
- Under the direction of Manager, Communications, implement communications strategy
- Write communications plans and implement tactics
- Oversee and implement social media strategy with a focus on reputation and proactive communications
- Implement Success Story strategy, including corporate journalism content, social media, and media strategy and tactics including leveraging media coverage, and developing media plans, advisories, and releases
- Develop and implement media pitches, editorial content, story sources, and interviews
- Draft corporate communications materials, including articles, presentations, handouts, videos, annual reports, and other collateral
- Support corporate, government, and partner events with advisories, releases, speaking notes, and other deliverables
- Monitor, measure, and report on communications activities
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of team processes, operations, and best practices
- Collaborate with Marketing, National Partnerships, International Partnerships, Policy, and Business Development teams to maximize communications to external audiences
- Initiate and maintain relationships with key media contacts, industry association/publications, and university communications personnel across Canada
- Support colleagues throughout Marketing and Communications teams
- Other related duties
Skills and Experience:
- A university degree in a related field and a minimum of five years relevant experience
- Extensive experience in communication planning and execution
- Expert in social media
- Excellent research, interviewing, writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Ability to translate technical/research concepts into common language of interest to general audience
- Awareness and interest in current events and news sources
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage competing projects and deadlines
- A self-starter who communicates diplomatically, and works well in a team-environment
- The ability to anticipate challenges and understand implications of decisions
- Enjoys a fast-paced and flexible environment
- Bilingual in French and English
- Experience with Abode Creative Suite is an asset
Mitacs fosters a culture where creativity and innovation is valued and encouraged. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and a team-based work environment.
Apply online: https://mitacs.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/view.php?id=399