As a Community Liaison, Fraser Valley with Trans Mountain, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a progressive and fast-paced group of stakeholder engagement and communications professionals. This position shares time between our Burnaby office and your home office. Learn from your Leader, the Manager, Engagement.
The Community Liaison, Fraser Valley contributes to all aspects of engagement and communications specific to the Trans Mountain Corporation in the Fraser Valley region, executing the regional engagement and communications plan for Construction Spread 6 of the Trans Mountain Expansion Project. The Community Liaison creates and delivers strategies to engage and inform stakeholders including local governments, interest groups, and the public; provides information and insights to the Corporation in consideration of stakeholders interests; serves as the local liaison to the Contractor’s Construction Liaison and Contractor team as it relates to stakeholder engagement and communications; and completes the necessary reporting requirements related to engagement and consultation.
- Develops, coordinate and implements engagement plans for stakeholders in the Fraser Valley region (Construction Spread 6), including the following communities along the pipeline corridor:
- Fraser Valley Regional District
- Langley, East of 232 Street.
- Key point of contact for the Fraser Valley region and stakeholders in this region.
- Supports the Manager, Engagement, to coordinate a consistent approach to engagement and communications across the Fraser Valley region; including managing flow of timely information to and from the Contractor for Spread 6 during construction.
- Works closely with the Community Liaisons for the Coquihalla-Hope (Construction Spread 5B) and Lower Mainland (Construction Spread 7) regions to coordinate outreach to stakeholders who have interests across multiple regions, in particular, the Fraser Valley Regional District and the Township of Langley.
- Documents engagement and develops content in support of regulatory filings and compliance.
- Ensures consistency in overall tone/ key messages and distribution of communication materials.
- Coordinates with other team members as needed to support mutual objectives of the strategic engagement plan.
- Ensures Contractor for Spread 6 is meeting requirements as they related to Stakeholder Engagement and Communications, including StakeTracker compliance.
Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Post-secondary education or experience in Community Relations and/or Communications and/or Engagement/Consultation.
- 5-7 years of experience with stakeholder engagement, community relations and/or communications. Experience in the Fraser Valley region is an asset.
- Experience working with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals.
- Experience with regulatory agencies.
- Experience working on complex, high profile and contentious projects.
- Strong communication and ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot complex problems and make sound decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to navigate and facilitate difficult conversations.
- Ability to work independently and represent the Project.
- Strong local relationships and contacts is an asset.
Other Requirements and Information
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to travel as required.
- Site and/or project office work; will need to work from a home office.
- Flexible work week; may need to work on the weekend.