Are you our next Communication Specialist? Apply today to join the team at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
Reporting to the communications director for the CST project, the communications specialist has a passion for delivering impactful programs and initiatives to meet communications objectives. The Specialist will recommend approaches and be accountable for planning, implementing and evaluating quality communications plans and projects, while helping to build the CST project’s reputation. A strong critical thinker, well-organized and deadline driven; the Specialist will serve as a utility team member across all portfolios. The successful applicant naturally enjoys identifying compelling stories to match audience interests; is an exemplary writer; understands best use of digital media; and manages everything from content plans to events with ease. This is an exciting opportunity to communicate with audiences across VCH, PHA and PHC, and the project, as we deliver one of the biggest health care transformations in Canada - made even more critical due to COVID-19. This person is a flexible team player, understands stakeholders’ emerging communications needs and can navigate complexity.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Education or experience equivalent to an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline such as Journalism, Communications, Marketing or Public Relations.
- A strong communicator with five (5) or more years’ recent, related experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Experience planning, implementing and measuring integrated communications initiatives against objectives.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills, with exemplary attention to detail.
- Experience managing digital projects such as videos, microsite / intranet revamps and the creation of other digital assets.
- Critical thinking coupled with the ability to produce effective products and campaigns.
- Content planning and development skills, and experience using content management systems.
- Solutions-focus, positive attitude, maturity and ability to engage a variety of busy stakeholders.
- Ability to plan and coordinate events and forums for communications purposes.
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive issues with skill, tact and diplomacy, and excellent decision making skills and flexibility to reprioritize quickly to meet changing priorities.
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team.
- Project management skills and ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong supplier management experience with the ability to oversee the purchasing process.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office, CMS software (e.g. Drupal, SharePoint) and related programs.
- Public sector experience and an understanding of complex change projects preferred.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.