Mulgrave is one of Canada’s leading independent co-educational pre-K – 12 day
schools, serving the North Shore of Vancouver. We are an established IB Continuum World School with a reputation for excellence and innovation.
The Digital Communications and Marketing Associate is responsible for working with our Communications Manager to develop and execute internal and external communications and contribute to community relations for the school.
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Marketing, Admissions and Communications (SMMAC) and works closely and collaboratively with the school’s Advancement and Admissions staff, as well as other administrative and faculty teams.
Under the guidance of the SMMAC, the Associate will work on the maintenance and ongoing enhancement of the school’s website, digital marketing strategy and implementation, content development, as well as assist with creating and producing other publications and communications pieces. These efforts are supportive of our team’s objectives to engage key constituencies including prospective applicants, alumni, students, parents, the media, and local community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Including but not limited to the following:
● Manage ongoing website content updates on existing pages
● Build new pages, including creation of content and sourcing of images, for key events and initiatives
● Collaborate with faculty and administration to strategically enhance website content to reflect the school’s programme offerings, mission, vision, and values
● Complete an annual website audit to update content related to the school year cycle
● Search Engine Optimisation strategy and tactical implementation
● Develop digital strategy and implement tactics to engage Mulgrave’s growing alumni base in key activities such as mentorship and homecoming events
● Assess opportunities, make recommendations, and assist with the implementation of new online tools to dynamically present key documents such as our annual report and strategic plan
● Support HR in recruitment efforts
● Research and understand the school’s target market
● Collaborate with our in-house graphic designer to create channel-appropriate ads
● Create channel-appropriate copy that conveys key messages and compels the audience to act
● Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related subject
● Minimum of three to five years professional experience in digital communications with a track record of increasing responsibility and success
● Enthusiasm and expertise to both develop strategies and implement tactics
● Excellent writing, editorial, and proofreading skills in a variety of digital
● Ability to create content as well as identify and generate creative story ideas
● Ability to digest data and present key findings, using acquired knowledge to inform strategy and implementation
● Strong organisational and time management skills
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
● Ability to collaborate widely with various constituencies throughout the school community and to be flexible in working hours
● General understanding of independent education, philanthropy and school
● Strong knowledge of content management systems (experience with FinalSite an asset), MS Office, Google applications, and presentation software
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, as well as opportunities for professional growth. Our benefits include:
● An RRSP-matching program
● Professional and career development/training opportunities
● Extended health and dental coverage
● Short and long term disability insurance
● Personal day
● Employee assistance program
● Plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues during our various social events throughout the year
● Complimentary coffee & tea
● Fitness / weight room & trainer
● Chair massages
Please visit our website at www.mulgrave.com for further information about our School.
Resumes should be submitted through
https://mulgrave.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/ by February 29, 2020. Given the location of the school, applicants must provide their own transportation.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.