Digital Communications Coordinator
Communications and Education
Centrally located in downtown Vancouver, the British Columbia Securities Commission (BCSC) strives to make the investment markets benefit the public – enabling people to achieve their financial goals, enterprises to grow, and British Columbia to thrive. Through smart rules, diligent oversight, strong enforcement and reliable guidance, we act as guardians of the province’s investment marketplace, striving to make BC a place where people can invest with confidence and companies can flourish. We are an independent agency accountable to the provincial legislature and the public through the Minister of Finance.
The Digital Communications Coordinator supports and measures engaging digital initiatives that educate and inform people about how investment markets benefit the public – enabling people to achieve their financial goals, enterprises to grow, and British Columbians to thrive.
As a member of the BCSC’s Investor Education team, the Digital Communications Coordinator supports organic social and paid digital media campaigns, participates in content generation, posts content to BCSC websites, and helps maintain investor education digital platforms. The Digital Communications Coordinator administers the division’s digital communications plan, and adjusts it throughout the year using analytics and research to make informed decisions. This role also supports various BCSC communications projects, events, and outreach initiatives as needed.
- Supports the BCSC’s social media activities, including monitoring and administering channels, optimizing channel performance, and growing online engagement
- Contributes to the development of engaging, dynamic digital content, including online videos, social, and static short- and long-form content
- Deploys and reports on BCSC’s investor education organic and paid digital investor education communications ad campaigns
- Oversees Search Engine Optimization and online marketing activities for InvestRight.org
- Maintains and suggests new content for the BCSC’s investor education social media channels and website through testing, surveying, research, and stakeholder engagement
- Works with the team on new content development and strategic content promotion for the BCSC’s digital channels
- Posts documents and content to the BCSC’s corporate website and intranet
- Supports the implementation of approved communications programs and strategic plans
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant subject (communications, digital marketing, or journalism, etc.) and a minimum of two years of experience in digital communications or digital marketing role or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Completion of a Google Analytics certification or sufficient experience working with analytics
- Completion of relevant digital advertising certifications, or sufficient experience in placing digital advertising (Facebook, Google, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Reddit etc.)
- Experience with content management systems (WordPress), HTML, Hootsuite, social media advertising platforms, Adobe Creative Suite applications, and Microsoft Office
- Financial services industry experience or Canadian Securities Course completion considered an asset
- A team player and self-starter, who can work independently and manage multiple assignments
- An adept researcher who is passionate about social and digital marketing
- Dynamic thinker who can crunch numbers and surface important analytics developments
- Willingness to work outside of BCSC’s operating hours
We offer a challenging and rewarding work environment, and a competitive compensation package that includes four weeks of annual vacation and a defined benefit pension plan. Visit https://www.bcsc.bc.ca/about/careers to explore this exciting opportunity and apply online by October 31, 2021. Competition 21:143. Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada. Investment restrictions apply. We are an equal opportunity merit-based employer.