The Real Estate Council of British Columbia protects the public interest by enforcing the licensing and licensee conduct requirements of the Real Estate Services Act. We license individuals and brokerages engaged in real estate sales, rental and strata property management, set entry qualifications, investigate complaints against licensees and impose disciplinary sanctions under the Act.
We are responsible for ensuring that the interests of consumers who use the services of real estate licensees are adequately protected against wrongful actions by real estate professionals. We encourage public confidence by impartially setting and enforcing standards of conduct, education, competency and licensing for real estate professionals.
We are accountable to government, and we advise government on real estate industry issues.
We currently have an opportunity for a Digital Content and Marketing Advisor to join our team.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
Reporting to the Manager, Digital Communications, the Digital Content and Marketing Advisor is responsible for developing and implementing creative digital and content marketing strategies to optimize RECBC’s digital channels, in order to advance the organization’s strategic goals. The Digital Content and Marketing Advisor drives audience growth and engagement by planning and executing social media campaigns, digital strategies and developing relevant, engaging and varied web and social media content. The Digital Content and Marketing Advisor also works collaboratively with other communications & engagement team members to contribute to RECBC corporate communications planning and delivery, support outreach events, media relations, and other communications initiatives aligned with RECBC’s strategic objectives.
- Manage RECBC’s integrated system of digital communications channels, including developing and maintaining website content strategy.
- Recommend, develop and implement online engagement strategies and social media campaigns for RECBC initiatives, working closely with communications and engagement team members and other RECBC staff as appropriate
- Develop, write, and deploy social-media and web-focused content across all platforms based on strategic objectives, to increase awareness of RECBC’s mandate and role.
- Lead content curation for RECBC digital communication channels.
- Develop and implement targeted ad campaigns on Facebook and Google.
- Conduct social media monitoring for issues management and advise on effective engagement strategies.
- Develop and maintain performance reporting and metrics to maximize performance and ensure success. Regularly communicate results to key stakeholders.
- Maintain awareness of emerging trends in web and social media channels and implement best practices.
- Proactively identify opportunities for innovation to improve engagement with RECBC’s web and social media audiences.
- Contribute to video, photographic, and multimedia production for digital and other communication channels, in collaboration with Communications and Engagement team members.
- Work collaboratively with Communications and Engagement team members to manage the communications tools and resources for RECBC.
- Work with other RECBC departments and subject matter experts to ensure complex information is presented in clear, relatable language for a variety of audiences.
- Take a lead role in developing and maintaining an informative, accessible voice and tone for RECBC communications using the principles of plain language communication.
- Support the delivery of interactive digital communications including webinars and online surveys.
- Proactively build and maintain strong working relationships with internal departments and external stakeholders to ensure successful execution of web and social media initiatives.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 3 - 5 years related experience including developing and executing digital communications strategies and projects including websites, social media, campaigns, blogs, intranets, and mobile applications.
- Post-secondary degree in a related discipline such as marketing, digital communications.
- Proven results and demonstrated experience in social media campaigns and content marketing.
- Demonstrated experience managing and evolving digital communications, including overseeing digital channels for a complex organization.
- Work experience in a regulatory or legal setting is an asset.
- Strong creative writing and editing abilities, with a demonstrated ability to use best practices for communication with online audiences, and to translate complex concepts into plain language.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to juggle numerous projects and competing deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to adapt to and understand the communications needs of a complex organization with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to lead in assigned project portfolios, including exercising self-direction and initiative in designing and undertaking assigned projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and cooperatively within a team.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and protect confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines, and handle interruptions and changing priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and to interact professionally with all levels in the organization.
- Ability to manage the work of external contractors.
- Ability to work with developers, content specialists, UX designers, and others to implement web features.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing best practices, including: SEO principles, lead conversion strategies and content optimization practices.
- Proficiency with content management systems including Drupal.
- Familiarity with social media and web analytics tools (e.g. Hootsuite, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, and Google Analytics).
- Strong knowledge of content strategy, audience analysis, user experience.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE IN RETURN:
At RECBC, we want to ensure that we are continually investing in our greatest resource - our people.
In addition to living out your values by working towards fulfilling the mandates of RECBC, we hope to make your employment experience with us the best it can be with employee perks and benefits that contribute to a balanced and enjoyable lifestyle for you and your family.
Here is what you can expect from us:
- Flexible working hours
- Paid time off
- Gym membership
- Pension plans
- Health insurance
- Maternity leaves
- Ergonomic workstations
- Employee family assistance programs
- Employee professional development and training programs
This is an opportunity to participate meaningfully in the protection of British Columbia’s real estate consumers as part of a collaborative and motivated team. If you want a rewarding career in an environment that values innovation, transparency and accountability, consider RECBC.
The team at the Real Estate Council of BC thanks you for your interest!