What you'll do:
Among your duties, you will:
- Develop strategic communication plans to proactively distinguish Capilano University as an exceptional post-secondary learning environment.
- Oversee the release of timely, accurate information to ensure all members of the campus community have the information they need to engage with the University in meaningful ways.
- Direct an exceptional team of communications professionals in the planning, design, implementation and evaluation of communications and public relations activities, both internal and external.
- Ensure evaluation systems are in place to monitor and report progress on communications activities
- Work collaboratively with the President’s Office, Institutional Research, IT Services, Marketing and Digital Experience, Development and Alumni Relations and leaders at all levels to ensure informative, accurate, timely and brand-aligned reporting and communications.
- Monitor emerging issues for reputational impact, recommends and prepares appropriate responses.
What you'll bring:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in journalism, public relations, communications, political science or highly related discipline.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in a public sector environment or large, complex organization.
- A minimum of five (5) years media and public relations experience.
- A background in, or exposure to, government relations.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.