Working under the Divisional Secretary for Public Relations and Development (DSPRD), the Divisional Manager of Communications and Marketing oversees a small team of professionals, dedicated to supporting the mission of The Salvation Army. Responsible for all matters relating to public relations and marketing, the successful candidate will regularly interface with public groups, corporations, donors and media - communicating the mission of The Salvation Army in a professional and effective manner. As the Divisional Manager of Communications and Marketing you will protect the brand and reputation of The Salvation Army and actively seeks creative new ways to promote our mission in the communities across the Province.
- In conjunction with the DSPRD, provide strategic and operational support to marketing and communications initiatives for BC Division.
- Develop and or make recommendations on the development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing and communication strategy and accompanying materials.
- Provide direct oversight to the design and maintenance of communications materials, i.e. website, brochures, signage, advertising, and brand awareness - in consultation with the DSPRD.
- Apply, monitor, and negotiate related communications projects and processes for the Division.
- Consult on and establish proactive measures and or measurement criteria to ensure the effective management of communications services and programs.
- Design and present oral, written and electronic supportive materials for applicable projects, processes and training needs within the PR&D.
- Ensure the on-going maintenance of internal client and program information as it relates to media, advertising and communications materials.
- Perform statistical analyses in relevant areas of expertise.
- Implement defined strategic initiatives.
- In coordination with DSPRD / Director of Development - over-site, planning and execution of all Divisional events.
- Supervise members of the Marketing and Event Team.
- Over-site regarding Divisional website and social media presence.
You have an Undergraduate University degree (e.g., B.A., B.Sc., B.Sc.N.) and/or are working towards a professional designation.
- You have a minimum of five years of prior related experience.
- You understand media relations and the media landscape in British Columbia.
- You possess a strong understanding of social media, its applications and how it works as part of a larger communications and marketing strategy.
- You’re a strong communicator (both oral and written) and you are not afraid of public speaking or being the ‘face’ of the organization when the media comes-a-calling.
- You’re creative, analytical, organizational and media skills are your strong features.
- You can effectively deal with the public, government and business leaders, and professionals.
- You demonstrate high standards of integrity, judgment and confidentiality with an ability to model the values and standards of The Salvation Army.
- You’re self-motivated & disciplined, but you know far too well that you don’t spell TEAM with an I
- An original copy of a Criminal Records Check (CRC) with vulnerable sector screening secured through either the national Canadian Police lnformation Centre (CPIC) or through a local police detachment;
- Screening through The Salvation Army Abuse Registry.
This is a temporary/full-time position – filling a two year contract to cover a leave of absence.
This position is considered a management position for the purposes of the Employment Standards
Act of British Columbia and as such is not covered by various ESA rules, including but not limited to those related to hours of work, daily and weekly rest periods, and overtime compensation. Salary is based on average minimum weekly hours of 37.5 per week and hours worked are compensated through the annual salary amount.
The incumbent carries a cell phone and is required to travel up to 30% of the time.
Use of a program vehicle is required when available however, there are times that the use of a personal vehicle will be required and a mileage reimbursement would be provided.
How to apply
Interested in applying? Submit applications to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org