Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee-owned and -operated firm, with over 1,000 staff members, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. At McElhanney, we work in teams to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities. Our employees enjoy working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation and benefits package, and team of great professionals.
Are you an experienced professional motivated to join one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies? Are you ready to own the exciting challenge of making your mark in a well-established organization? If so, McElhanney Consulting Services Ltd. is seeking an Intermediate Proposal Writer & Coordinator to join our growing team in Calgary.
This role is best suited to a writer, editor, and/or communications professional who has a passion for turning technical information from various subject matter experts into eye-catching and professional proposals that win business and impress clients. Ideal candidates thrive under the challenge of juggling tight deadlines and have excellent communication skills that keep their team on track and focused on the end goal.
- Produce well written, professionally presented documents in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines with minimal edits/changes necessary. Proofread, edit and provide quality reviews of documents prepared by junior marketing staff.
- Assist with strategic business development activities; e.g., participate in Go / No-Go discussions to determine if an opportunity warrants pursuit, and pro-actively integrate strategic objectives into your work
- Coordinate and produce proposal responses to RFIs, RFQs, and RFPs – this includes facilitating kick-off meetings, managing proposal deadlines, writing and coordinating content, complying with our quality management processes, and owning the final product.
- Collaborate with graphic designers, fellow proposal writers, and other marketing team members to produce other marketing materials during down time.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the marketing team, other departments, and external clients.
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills – your boss and colleagues know and commend you for these skills
- 5+ years’ experience in proposal development, publishing long documents (e.g., reports, magazines, newsletters), or equivalent
- Experience working in a consulting engineering environment would be an asset
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, coordinate groups of content providers, and deal with changing priorities
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Expert skill in Microsoft Office
- Experience with a graphics design/editing software, such as InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop is an asset
If this is the opportunity for you, visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.