St. Paul’s Foundation raises funds to support compassionate, inspired care at Providence Health Care’s 17 health care sites in BC, including St. Paul’s Hospital. The funds we raise help put patients and residents first, through a collaborative, integrated approach that includes the best in clinical care, world-class research and education. Through fundraising and strategic partnerships, the Foundation supports Providence – a founding member of Canada’s Digital Technology Supercluster – in building on its long history of innovation, leading research and advancements in care for the people of British Columbia and beyond.
It’s an exciting time at St. Paul’s Foundation, and the high-performing Marketing and Communications team is seeking a new Manager to join our growing team and play a key role in the campaign for the new St. Paul’s.
The Manager, Marketing and Communications contributes to the strategic communications and marketing of St. Paul’s Foundation to raise awareness and support for our comprehensive fundraising campaign. This position will work closely with the Foundation’s major gifts, corporate, and annual giving teams, with a focus on the strategic development of communications tools that support their efforts soliciting and stewarding donors during our peak period of campaign activity.
Please note that this is a full time, temporary contract role with a two-year term, competitive salary and benefits. Start date: immediate.
You are motivated by working for an organization that has a goal of improving our community’s health care system. You enjoying working in a fast-paced environment, in a small team with big aspirations. You have a strong commitment to delivering quality products and services. You enjoy mentoring and coaching other team members, and collaborating with colleagues outside of the Communications team. You have impeccable interpersonal skills and are able to apply them in challenging, high-pressure situations. You have a positive outlook that you share in all you do.
- Providing specific communications plans, advice and support for major fundraising initiatives, including special events;
- Overseeing roll-out of a new major fundraising campaign sub-brand;
- Working with the Major Gifts team to develop and produce compelling donor proposals; working with the Annual Giving team to integrate communications/marketing activities with fundraising activities;
- Supporting the development of a wide range of written materials, including key messages, fundraising proposals, speaking notes, marketing and web copy, letters, Q&As, and editorial;
- Overseeing the Foundation’s digital marketing and communications, including website, social media, and SEO;
- Overseeing the development of advertising activities that will enhance awareness and positive sentiment of the Foundation and hospital;
- Working with Foundation Communications team staff and external service providers to produce print and digital collateral and ensure quality control and brand consistency is maintained;
- Reports to Director, Marketing and Communications
- Supervises 1 full time employee
- Collaborates with Foundation staff to coordinate marketing communications and fundraising initiatives
- Hospital leadership, physicians, and health care professionals
- Advertising, public relations, photography, graphic design, printing consultants and suppliers
- Foundation board members and volunteers
Education and Experience:
- 6-8 years of progressively senior communications experience, preferably in an agency or non-profit environment;
- Senior experience in proposal development, brand execution, and fundraising communications;
- Senior experience overseeing graphic design and print and web production;
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated experience in social media and digital campaigns;
- Communications, Journalism or bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Excellent relationship-building skills to develop strong relations with colleagues and external partners;
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills;
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment, maintains a positive frame of mind and sets an example of professionalism for other employees;
- Excellent project management skills and proven ability to manage timelines, teams and supplier relationships to deliver results on time and within budget;Detail oriented and accurate in execution, ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated analytical, and problem-solving skills;
- Superior writing and editing skills;
- Advanced level MS Office, proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud;
- Sound judgment and tact;
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive material with discretion.
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please forward your cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples (including campaign examples) by Tuesday, April 23 to the attention of
T. Dallas at SPFCareers@providencehealth.bc.ca.
Thank you for your interest in working with St. Paul’s Foundation. Only those candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.