Reports to: Director, Communications & Government Relations
The Communications Manager is responsible for managing Eldorado’s corporate reputation and valuation. Working collaboratively with the Director, Communications & Government Relations, the Communications Manager helps to implement the external affairs strategy for the Company. Key areas of responsibility include corporate communications, media relations, brand management, digital presence and corporate giving.
- Supports the Director with strategic communications counsel to senior executives, departments and subsidiaries.
- Helps research, write and proofread external and internal materials such as factsheets, backgrounders, Q&A docs, presentations, reports, news releases, speeches, emails, etc.
- Assists in the distribution of Company news releases.
- Coordinates quarterly conference calls and webcasts.
- Assists IR Manager with presentation creation, including graphic elements and incorporating multi-media.
- Provides support to in-country PR teams as needed.
- Helps create b-roll footage and videos.
- Ensures VRIFY tours and platform is up-to-date.
- Coordinates Company participation in industry trade shows.
- Supports the Sustainability Department in the writing, editing and production of the Company’s Sustainability report.
- Proactive monitoring of media for Eldorado-related news stories, political/regulatory news and issues of relevance to the Company.
- Highlights misinformation and errors for correction.
- Helps draft key messages, Q&A, backgrounders, responses and statements where necessary.
- Ensures monitoring service is fit for purpose.
- Assists in organizing media and crisis training for spokespeople.
- Ensures the Company’s crisis communication plan is current.
- Coordinates the appearance of print and electronic materials to ensure adherence to the Company’s brand guidelines.
- Manages briefs for contracted design agencies, photographers and videographers.
- Develops and maintains Company’s photo/video database.
- Helps in planning the Company’s annual advertising strategy.
- Organizes the design and placement of adverts as needed.
- Manages the Company’s domain name portfolio ensuring Eldorado’s digital assets are protected.
- Sources and orders promotional and other branded materials.
Digital Presence (Website, Blog, Social Media)
- Maintains the Corporate website ensuring all content is up-to-date and in-line with corporate disclosure.
- Responsible for the Company’s blog and social media strategy, including planning (blog/social media calendars), execution (content creation, writing, posting and dissemination) and evaluation (analytics).
- Ensures online communications are consistent with other relevant corporate initiatives.
- Monitors online engagement, engages where appropriate and helps to develop Eldorado’s online voice.
- Researches social media best practice and suggests online engagement suitable for the Company.
- Ensures the Company’s Social Media Guidelines are up-to-date.
- Manages the Company’s Corporate Giving programme, including organizing Committee meetings (x4 annually), payments and responding to charitable requests.
- Plans and executes events (i.e. Fuel Up, webcasts) aimed at promoting transparency, sharing information and facilitating Company-wide communications.
- Works collaboratively with global teams to develop content for the Intranet, ensuring information is current and Eldorado’s culture and values are celebrated.
- Works with HR on helping spearhead and support internal communications initiatives.
- Superior oral and written communication skills; excellent command of the English language.
- Strong writer and editor; articulate and adept at framing issues for different audiences and catching errors. Can simplify complex technical information for a general audience.
- Detail orientated with high-standards of excellence.
- Positive self-starter who is driven to deliver.
- Strong project management skills with an ability to manage competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- High degree of tact, personal integrity and good-judgement.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to collaborate and build relationships across multi-cultural teams.
- Superior skills in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Working knowledge of Adobe packages (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Superior knowledge of website Content Management Systems (CMS)
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree in communications or related field.
- 7-10 years of related and progressive work experience.
- Good general knowledge of the gold industry and current issues in mining an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of communication best practices.
- Experience of producing corporate communication strategies and plans.