The Communications and Community Affairs team provides communication planning and advice, manages internal and external communications and helps manage corporate issues that could impact ICBC's reputation.
We currently have an exciting one year opportunity for a Manager, Communications Planning to work with our internal partners to support corporate and divisional initiatives in various departments such as Drivers Licensing, Road Safety, Human Resources, Finance, Investments, etc.
In this temporary role, you'll lead a team of communication professionals in developing and implementing effective communication plans and providing guidance to senior leaders. You will be responsible for developing and leading the execution of highly effective external and internal communications for the corporation. This is a senior position within the department and will, at times, require availability outside of normal working hours.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Leading and participating in the development of communication planning and strategies for corporate and business plans.
- Leading external and internal communications plans, ensuring best practices are embedded in the plans and communications plans are aligned to corporate and divisional strategies.
- Mitigating organizational risks through communications plans, development and early identification of communications opportunities.
- Managing the timing of corporate and divisional communications, ensuring there are no conflicts and identifies and highlights opportunities.
- Maintaining productive relationships with contacts in key corporate areas to identify issues, initiatives or projects requiring communication support.
- Providing advice, feedback and approval for communications plans and materials developed by staff.
- Providing senior support for staff to help advance communication plans and assists in working through challenging problems with the business areas.
To be effective in this role, candidates will have a background in corporate communications in a large, complex organization along with an undergraduate degree in a related field.
**Only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position**