Job Description Summary
The Manager, Internal Communications plays a critical role in delivering strategic, campus-wide communications to inform and engage the University s faculty and staff. With an audience of more than 16,000 people, this role supports the delivery of strategic, timely, informative, two-way communication to a diverse range of groups.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Internal Communications this role works alongside another Manager, Internal Communications and a Specialist, Internal Communications - as well as working closely with colleagues within the broader UBC Communications Portfolio.
This role supports the planning, development and implementation of university-wide faculty and staff communications initiatives, aligned with UBC s vision, brand and strategic organizational priorities. The Manager, Internal Communications is a champion for communicating, with a firm focus on people.
Reports to the Senior Director, Internal Communications. Works collaboratively with diverse groups of academic and administrative stakeholders from across the university. Builds strong working relationships with communicators across the entire university, within our various Faculties and administrative units.
- Works closely with the Senior Director, Internal Communications to develop internal communication strategies that engage faculty and staff in the university’s organizational priorities.
- Ensures the UBC brand experience and storytelling is connected and relevant across internal communication platforms.
- Develops and implements faculty and staff communications and engagement
programs, including drafting communications strategies and evaluation reports. Further supports the academic mandate of the institution by exploring ways in which to facilitate communications and engagement specifically with faculty.
- Ensures two-way communication through the collection and analysis of faculty and staff feedback. Adopts industry best practice to ensure meaningful internal
communication and engagement.
- Acts as an internal communications champion, spearheading new and/or improved methods of communicating with faculty and staff (including use of new media platforms).
- Exercises a high level of diplomacy and discretion, and develops strong rapport and relationships with all stakeholder groups, allowing for open and constructive
communication and collaboration towards internal communications objectives.
- Develops and writes university-wide materials for both print and electronic media.
- Works with external consultants and contractors as needed, to drive optimal results and ensure value for money.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Apply here before May 29, 2023.