Forestry Innovation Investment (FII)'s mandate includes working with the forestry industry and other government agencies to increase awareness and demand for B.C. forest products. at home and abroad. Key tactics include comprehensive, coordinated marketing and communication strategies and campaigns designed to influence clients and craft audiences and professional communities. The objective is to ensure that users and potential users of forest products in BC have access to objective, consistent and credible information on the environmental benefits of use, the range of products, suppliers, and wood construction technologies available in BC, and the facts about sustainable forest management practices.
This position is responsible for managing the development and implementation of content and channels, overseeing the performance of these activities to influence domestic and international customers and built environment professional audiences and communities.
This role is based in Vancouver, British Columbia. It will require the incumbent work in-office 5 days a week for the first 6 months (probationary period) and will then move to 3 days a week in-office/2 days working from home after the probationary period.
- Develops and implements comprehensive marketing and communication tactics, including digital and print campaigns, social media, trade shows, and paid and earned events contributing with expertise and creative input into the development of strategies and workplans.
- Drives a content strategy, editorial plan and content calendar that supports a digital strategy and marketing campaigns.
- Writes and edits content for a variety of communications channels ensuring that materials are designed, written and produced to meet the objectives.
- Leads implementation of domestic and international media monitoring program, analyzing media to identify trends, opportunities, and risks.
- Supports and/or participates in tradeshows, events and tours involving custom-built itineraries.
- Ensures alignment and consistency, accuracy and timeliness of content, key messaging and brand standards across all communications media, particularly digital formats, and channels.
- Reviews data and research reports and makes recommendations for story ideas for inclusion in marketing materials and communication tools for engagement with specified audiences.
- Conducts performance-measure evaluations and develops processes and metrics to leverage digital analytic tools, and support data-driven decision making and performance reporting on results and impacts of investments.
- Updates program workplans and prepares and manages budgets, obtaining quotes for individual projects and schedules for projects.
- Where appropriate, initiates competitive Requests for Proposals or Requests for Qualifications processes. Receives and analyzes proposals and negotiates where necessary; selects suppliers and drafts contracts for approval.
- Monitors progress to ensure timely delivery of products or services and may evaluate supplier performance.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent combination of knowledge, work experience and education in communications, marketing, or public relations.
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience in developing and managing brand programs and project management, contract management and supplier supervision.
- Strong experience in the development and production of digital, broadcast and print materials.
- Experience in paid media (SEM, YouTube, Facebook & LinkedIn Ads), ROI & goal tracking, SEO, site performance optimization, Google Tag Manager, UTMs, conversion optimization, and A/B testing.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Knowledge of public relations and issues management principles.
- Familiarity with Canada’s markets for forest products, and key forest management, environmental or product issues and opportunities, as well as building and/or manufacturing with wood.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent understanding of marketing and communications principles.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, written and verbal, demonstrating a high level of tact, diplomacy and judgment.
- Ability to work with stakeholders and government/industry representatives—building consensus and supporting collaborative working relationships.
- Strong editing and writing skills appropriate for a variety of communications channels.
- Computer literacy with good typing, formatting, and experience in MS Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Teams, SharePoint), Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Photoshop); and content management systems (WordPress); digital asset management systems (Brandfolder); project management systems and collaboration platforms such as Wrike.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Conceptual Thinking s the ability to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related, and to identify key or underlying issues in complex situations. It includes using creative, conceptual, or inductive reasoning or thought processes that are not necessarily categorized by linear thinking.
- Building Partnerships with Clients or Stakeholders is the desire to work co-operatively with all stakeholders to meet mutual goals based on a relationship of respect, trust, and success in delivering results.
- Business Acumen is the ability to understand the business implications of decisions and the ability to strive to improve organizational performance. It requires an awareness of business issues, processes, and outcomes as they impact the customer’s and the organization’s business needs.
- Initiative is identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action.
- Strategic Orientation is the ability to link long term vision and concepts to daily work and awareness of impacts on strategies or other business choices
Please apply for this position via our Recruitment partner, Smart Savvy & Associates here: https://bit.ly/3sWj7zP