Manager, Member Communications and Advocacy
Temporary Full-time (August 2021 – September 2022)
The BC College of Family Physicians (BCCFP) is seeking a creative and service-oriented Manager, Member Communications and Advocacy who is responsible for the researching, writing, editing and compilation of content for member communications. This role also has responsibility for content and messaging on social media, press releases, and member reports. A significant part of this role is writing content.
The Manager, Member Communications and Advocacy drives the communication planning and the consistency and professionalism of the BCCFP brand and demonstrates the value of membership by informing, involving, and creating interest in our programming; providing advocacy; and consistently creating appropriate messaging to support the organization’s mission and goals.
The ideal candidate has a degree in communications and five to seven years of related experience. The successful individual will bring a strong professional presence and results orientation to the role along with a desire to build and maintain relationships; the individual will possess a depth of knowledge in planning, research, writing and technology. Knowledge of or experience with member-based organizations and the health field are assets for this position.
With respect, collaboration and responsiveness at the core of the BCCFP, we provide leadership, support, advocacy and continuing professional development for more than 6000 members across the province.
- Creates an annual communications plan and calendar with timelines, accountabilities and deliverables in line with mission and goals
- Creates a marketing and communications plan for each event
Research, Writing and Editing
- Creates key messages that support organizational strategic priorities
- Researches and writes letters, briefing notes, backgrounders, presentations, infographics, eblasts and other resources to raise profile of the College and support other strategic priorities
- Manages the website, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and other online presences to ensure they remain up to date, active and relevant
- Manages, creates, and assists with communication, documents and letters
- Manages member communication of events and Annual General Meeting
- Assists with the development of budgets and ensures initiatives operate within budgets
- Promotes and represents the organization in the community, supports and attends events
- Builds strong working and partnering relationships both internal and external
- Flexibility for some evening and weekend support for meetings and events
With a salary commensurate with experience and a range beginning at $80,000 and office hours of Monday to Friday, 8:45 – 4:45, the BCCFP offers a competitive compensation package.
At the BCCFP we foster an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diversity of voices. We recognize that this diversity of experiences and perspectives enhances our outcomes and connects us closer to the communities we serve. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, preference will be given to applicants who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
Please apply through our posting on the Indeed website and include a resume and cover letter.
Deadline for applications is July 21, 2021
Thanks to all who apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.