Hours: Up to 28 hours per month (flexible)
Starting Rate of Pay: $24.00 per hour plus flat fee of $350 for full day special events
Reports to: Denman Place Mall Merchants Association Board of Directors
About the Denman Place Mall Merchants Association
The Denman Place Mall is proud to be the West End neighbourhood mall since 1969. Located at 1030 Denman Street, the Denman Place Mall has 30 shops to serve you.
The Denman Place Mall Merchants Association is a not-for-profit organization that brings together mall merchants to:
- Advance the welfare of merchants and customers through promotion and special events
- Improve business operations in the Denman Place Mall
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute marketing strategy
- Create collateral and marketing materials as required
- Maintain mall website and social media accounts
- Serve as a key point of contact for merchants
- Maintain positive working relationships and open communication with merchants, mall management, third party vendors and other organizations
- Plan, organize and execute special events and promotions, including in collaboration with the West End Business Improvement Association (WEBIA), West End Arts, West End Car Free Day, Vancouver Pride Society, Lord Roberts Elementary School and West End Seniors’ Network
- Decorate the mall for seasonal and special events, and maintain inventory of decorations
- Handle merchant fee payments, manage collections and liaise with accountant to manage organizational finances
- Manage day-to-day operations
- Respond to phone, email and website inquiries
- Participate in Denman Place Mall Board of Directors meetings
- Represent the Denman Place Mall Merchants Association on various WEBIA committees
- Maintain awareness of safety and security for customers and merchants
- Work with mall management to support mall improvements
- Carry out other duties as assigned
Experience, Education and Training
- Certificate in marketing or equivalent education and experience
- Experience working in retail and with the general public
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector is an asset
- First Aid, CPR and AED training is an asset
- Class 5 driver licence and FOODSAFE certification are assets
- Effective marketing skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written English skills are essential
- Work independently and collaboratively with other Denman Place Mall Merchants Association staff and volunteers
- Present a professional and welcoming image to merchants, other community agencies and the general public
- Proficient with computer programs, including Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and graphic design software
- Proficient with Gmail, Wix and social media (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Hootsuite)
- Proactive, flexible and positive when presented with a new task or challenge
- Remain calm and think clearly in stressful situations
- Lift and move boxes and other items up to 50 lbs.
Conditions of Employment
- Work remotely but expected to be onsite regularly.
- Provide your own computer.
- Normal working hours occur during mall hours of operation. However, working hours are flexible depending on operational requirements (e.g., decorating and special events). The ability to work occasional evenings and weekends is required.
How To Apply
Please email (in PDF format) your resume and cover letter to Hiring Committee at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and interviews will commence before the closing date and be scheduled until the position is filled.
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.