LandlordBC is a professional industry association registered under the BC Society’s Act representing owners and managers of rental housing across British Columbia. We are the acknowledged leader of the residential rental housing industry in BC, and a strong advocate for the delivery of safe, secure, sustainable long-term rental housing. Our industry provides homes for over 30% of British Columbians in approximately 500,000 units of rental housing and is a major economic contributor. LandlordBC is an entrepreneurial organization with a small but highly motivated team. We are seeking to add a Marketing & Communication Specialist to help us drive our continued success.
In this role you will collaborate with the Director of Member Engagement (DME) to develop, coordinate and implement marketing & communications strategies and tactics for LandlordBC. Primary responsibilities include creating and implementing plans to increase market share (LandlordBC membership and Landlord Registry) and, coordinating external and internal communications to enhance LandlordBC’s vibrant reputation and its leadership position.
- Creates and implements marketing & communication plans to increase market share
- Creates dynamic content
- Generates and posts original content from a variety of sources on social media, LandlordBC and Landlord Registry™ websites, blog, monthly e-newsletter and quarterly magazine; employs digital video and other communication tools
- Organizes, prioritizes and schedules content distribution on social media, blog, e-newsletters, quarterly magazine
- Ensures accuracy of content by coordinating workflow and collaborating with DME and team members including external contributors
- Researches, organizes information and performs interviews for a variety of external and internal communications including social media and quarterly magazine
- Provides substantive editing, copy-editing and proofreading of material written by other members of LandlordBC team
- Search engine optimization, website updates, social media and email automation
- Prepares communication analysis reports from a variety of sources (ie: social media analytics, surveys, Google analytics) to determine the effectiveness of marketing and communication plans and makes recommendations for future improvements
- Collateral material production
- Coordinates media relations activities
- Coordinates media outreach including project-specific media relations, pitch lists
- Plans, researches, writes, edits and distributes media releases, media advisories, media kits on LLBC programs, services, issues, special events
To Be Successful In This Role You Will Need:
- Completion of an undergraduate degree or a two-year diploma program from a recognized post-secondary institution in a relevant field such as journalism, communications, marketing or commensurate experience
- Three years’ experience working in the marketing/communications field writing for audience and channel, communications plan development, traditional and online media relations and project coordination
- Demonstrate high-proficiency in copywriting for print and electronic, including excellent control of style variations for different media formats, and tone for various audiences
- Proficient editing and proofreading skills, including excellent command of English grammar and punctuation, and a commitment to clear and accurate presentation of material
- Proven experience in social media management across multiple platforms including content plan development, content generation and distribution, reputation management, client relationship management, and use of social media tools
- Technological savvy; up-to-date with digital trends and developments, social media analytics, social listening and networking, and mobile marketing
- Self-motivated, self-directed and assertive; ability to work under minimum supervision
- Willingness and ability to investigate and identify stories and news from across the industry
- Project management capabilities
- Proven, solid, grasp of communication and marketing fundamentals and tactics
- Ability to initiate collaboration and work collaboratively with others
- Desire to advance
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
This is a full-time, permanent position working out of our Vancouver office at 1210 – 1095 West Pender St. and includes a group benefits package, MSP and vacation. Salary commensurate with knowledge and experience.
To apply please direct your resume with compensation expectations to David Hutniak, CEO, LandlordBC at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised that only qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you for you interest.