Are you a creative, enthusiastic, energetic, service-oriented individual with a strong background in marketing or communications?
If so, we are interested in learning more about you!
We are looking for a positive, self-starter for a full time/time stated position of Communications/Marketing Coordinator working with our Communications Division.
This is specialized marketing and communications work which involves planning, coordinating and delivering a variety of communications/marketing activities to promote city programs, events and services.
Key responsibilities include:
• Developing communications/marketing plans;
• Coordinating the design of digital and paper promotional materials including the Leisure Guide;
• Coordinating online and social media campaigns;
• Conducting market research and analyzing data; and
• Overseeing the work of other departmental staff and contractors to ensure consistency, provide assistance, guidance and training on promotional techniques.
If you have a post-secondary degree in communications or marketing, three years’ experience in communications and marketing, specifically with senior level graphics design skills, proficient with Adobe In-Design, Illustrator and Photoshop and a minimum of one-year supervisory experience, then you may be just what we are looking for.
Why should you consider working for us?
• We take our work seriously but not ourselves;
• We have a positive attitude about the work we perform;
• We care deeply about our community;
• Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact;
• We have a strong learning culture and want our people to grow and succeed; and
• We are a diverse, inclusive and supportive workplace.
The hours of work are primarily Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, however on occasion, work may be required on evenings and weekends. The 2020 rate of pay for this position is $2,325.17, bi-weekly. The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the CUPE Collective Agreement.
Interested and qualified individuals are encouraged to apply to job opportunity 21-030e on our website at: www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs and apply by April 15, 2021.