Our Principals play a vital role in leading our client teams and ensuring high-value, excellent client service. This position focuses primarily on business development and the management our digital team. This position is within the Strategic Communications Practice and will report directly to the Interim Practice Lead with responsibilities including but not exclusive to the following:
- Responsible for developing and executing a business development strategy to raise Earnscliffe’s digital service profile publicly, aligned with respective service offering and expertise.
- Determine market opportunities and develop strategies in support of digital campaign sales.
- Coordinate and develop pitch materials and proposals in support of digital campaign sales opportunities.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to expand the scope of service offerings within existing client accounts.
- Meet annual business development and sales targets.
Client Service and Team Management
- Responsible for the strategy, oversight, and execution of multi-faceted digital campaigns for an array of clients in the public, private and not-for-profit space.
- Management of the digital team including mentorship, ensuring roles and responsibilities are fulfilled, a high level of client servicing is provided, as well as an efficient use of project time and scope according to budget.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continued learning and upskilling on digital marketing trends, best practices, and platforms.
- Contribute an informed perspective within the client team and to the client, as needed.
- Support the coaching and development of team members.
- Accountable for the oversight of the client accounts, including invoicing, managed revenue splits, sales credits, etc.
Earnscliffe Values and Expectations
- Uphold the vision and values of the organization of Excellence, Integrity, Trust, Team, and Inclusion, along with justice, equity, diversity and inclusion principles.
- Maintain professional level consultation with all levels of team members and external clients.
- Act in compliance with corporate Code of Conduct and federal, provincial and municipal ethics and lobbying regulations (including grass roots advocacy).
- Review all materials to ensure accuracy and quality prior to distribution.
- Undertake responsibilities and assignments in a timely manner.
- Ensure timely responses to team member and client requests.
- Manage expectations within your client team and proactively communicate deviations from commitments.
- Contribute to internal initiatives in support of the management of the business.
- Meet performance standards as defined by the performance management program, ensuring consistently meeting or exceeding targets established.
- Minimum post-secondary degree/ diploma preferred.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience working in a similar role or within a professional services consulting firm preferrable within communications, marketing, public relations.
- Demonstrated experience effectively leading multiple digital projects/files, including the ability to prioritize and negotiate when presented with conflicting demands.
- Experienced at building and fostering high performance teams.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully undertake business development activities in pursuit of developing a digital book of business.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications, comfortable with presenting concepts to a diverse audience across the organization.
- Ability to identify and respond appropriately understanding various parties and stakeholders involved in decision making processes with the ability to anticipate reactions and recommend solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with peers, direct reports, internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency with CRM systems or Salesforce and Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, Power Point, etc.
- Strong grasp of communications principles and ethics.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making abilities to make sound recommendations based on research, alternatives and reputational risks.
- Effective time management skills to manage timelines while working under pressure.
- Excellent public speaking, facilitation and/or presentation skills.
- Self motivated with a high level of initiative and exceptional organizational skills.
How To Apply
All candidates can apply through LinkedIn here.