Program Assistant, Communications
Location: Vancouver, BC
Closing Date: July 14, 2020
The BC Patient Safety & Quality Council is a driving force for high-quality health care in British Columbia. Using evidence-informed strategies, we shift culture, improve clinical practice and advance person- and family-centred care to support the best care possible for every person in our province.
Our communications team develops and implements strategies for the organization as well as its initiatives and campaigns. This includes working with websites, social media, online and print materials, newsletters and presentations – and it requires consistently high creativity and quality. The Program Assistant will support this work and more, in addition to providing confidential administrative support for the director of communications, while contributing to the operations of the Council alongside others in similar roles.
- Coordinates the flow of information, communicates internally and externally to respond to inquiries and clarify details, coordinates appointments and meetings, prepares and processes documents and information, assists in budget development and monitors expenditures, arranges travel and accommodation, provides project support, and maintains office equipment and supplies.
- Responds to requests for information and deals tactfully with any concerns via phone and email. Maintains on-going communication with stakeholders to ensure they are well supported. This requires a commitment to customer service and excellent communication skills.
- Uses their project management skills to support the functioning of the team through project tracking and coordination. Provides project support, researches information, tracks statistical data, and compiles and analyzes data involving new projects, and the interpretation and application of policies and procedures.
- Produces timely, accurate and well formatted documents using various word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages, including creation of tables, spreadsheets, presentations and reports.
- Enters and collects data and compiles relevant statistical information and reports. Drafts agendas, gathers background materials, attends and records proceedings, prepares and distributes minutes, and takes follow-up actions. Maintains a bring-forward system.
- Maintains a coordinated and up-to-date calendar for the Director’s appointment schedules by determining urgency and nature of requests, scheduling and making necessary arrangements, and resolving time conflicts. Coordinates appropriate travel and accommodation arrangements for attendance at conferences and meetings, confirms reservations, and establishes an itinerary.
- Provides high-level budget tracking including monthly budget reconciliations, invoice and expense processing and credit card reconciliation.
- The Program Assistant is generally tech-savvy and provides technical support for webinars, virtual meetings and teleconferences, as well as website content updates.
- High School Diploma and Administrative Assistant Certificate or Diploma and 3 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively, resolve administrative issues/problems, prioritize workload, and to be flexible to meet and adapt to changes in organizational priorities
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and work under time pressures to meet deadlines
- Computer literacy with expert knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Outlook at an advanced level
- Experience in business procedures and knowledge of office equipment
- Project management and/or event planning experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written), including the ability to respond professionally, courteously and in a clear manner
- Demonstrated interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Able to refocus quickly after interruptions
- High degree of accuracy
Send resume, cover letter and work examples (including at least one writing sample) by 1700 on July 14, 2020 to:
Short-listed candidates will be contacted; others will be kept in our database for future consideration.