Media Profile, a certified Great Place to Work®, is looking for a PR consultant with 1-2 years of experience to join our growing team. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who excels in media relations, influencer campaigns, writing, multi-tasking and project management. The successful candidate will coordinate with the account lead, and will be responsible for developing written materials, conducting media relations, research and reporting, and project management.
Media & Influencer Relations:
- Have keen awareness of media and beats, changes in media landscape
- Develop relationships with media
- Review and provide thoughtful feedback on media lists and editorial calendars
- Provide updates for media lists
- Effectively communicate with media and influencers via email and phone as required
- Pitch story ideas to media, with guidance of senior staff
- Assist in managing media resource services
- Be familiar with social media tools
Writing, Research, and Account Administration:
- Create, update and distribute critical paths, meeting notes and other account administration materials in a timely manner
- Coordinate supplies i.e. mailer packages, postage, project materials, contest prizing, media drops, etc.
- Write first drafts of materials i.e. pitches, advisories, fact sheets, backgrounders, news releases, influencer briefs
- Format PowerPoint presentations and other materials as required
- Review and deliver thorough, accurate drafts of client media reports
- Conduct necessary research on clients and competitors, speaking opportunities, editorial deadlines
- Conduct media/social media monitoring on behalf of clients
- Provide guidance on the coverage that should be ordered on behalf of clients
- Develop media and social media coverage reports for clients
Great Place to Work
Media Profile, a certified Great Place to Work®, is an agency that is committed to work-life balance. We have several programs in place to help employees achieve this, for example, we offer a “Work Away Benefit” whereby we give up to $3000 to each employee to travel and work anywhere in the world for up to one month. We feel that this is a great way to unplug, get a change of scenery, spark creativity, and get immersed in a different culture. Media Profile has received national media coverage for this initiative with employees choosing to work in Florida, California, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua.
In addition, all employees are eligible for annual profit sharing on top of competitive salaries; a Health and Wellness allowance for fitness classes, gym memberships, or spa treatments; mental health days and extended mental health benefits; flexible working hours, early close Fridays, and the option to work a four-day week; professional development budget; and regular in-house training sessions including DEI, financial literacy, and Lunch and Learns.