At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
The Communications and Creative Services team has an opportunity for a Senior Communications Advisor to provide advice and lead the planning, development and implementation of communications plans (and related materials) for complex operational initiatives.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the planning, development and implementation of communication plans for complex operational initiatives in alignment with ICBC’s corporate strategy, values and purpose. This involves assessing the scope, business objectives and requirements, providing strategic advice to leaders and project managers to successfully deliver on their initiatives, as well as developing the required communication materials.
- Recommend communication approach/action plans that include identifying opportunities, risks and mitigation strategies that align with the corporate strategy.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of approach/methods to ensure continuous improvement. This includes leading and facilitating discussions with business areas following implementation, and action identified opportunities for improvement.
- Liaise with other members of the Communications team to ensure a common understanding of current issues, activities and key messages; and also lead/participate in initiatives that support the other areas of the team.
- Provides coaching and advice to other members of the Communications team through informal learning and development activities. Provide guidance to ensure that quality standards are upheld, ensuring that the work is aligned with ICBC’s strategy, values and purpose.
As a valued member of the ICBC team, you will thrive in a performance-driven environment that emphasizes employee leadership and accountability for delivering results.
The successful candidate will be expected to consistently conduct themselves in alignment with ICBC’s Core Values of:
- You have a background in corporate communications planning in a large multi-stakeholder organization or an equivalent combination of experience and education (preferably an undergraduate degree in a related field).
- Experience working for a Crown corporation is an asset.
- You have experience doing work that requires the understanding of complex concepts and procedures.
- You’re a team player with excellent organizational skills, strong writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Familiarity with the current legislative and regulatory environment.
- Strategic and business planning skills.
- Interpersonal, relationship-building and communication skills.
The preference is to have this position based at North Vancouver head office, however another location may be considered.
ICBC continues to be recognized as one of BC's Top Employers. We hire great people for phenomenal jobs, come join our
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary & Benefits: We are committed to providing industry competitive salary and benefits.
- Continuous Learning: We offer continuous learning opportunities to ensure you are equipped with the knowledge to be successful in your role.
- Flexible Working Arrangements: We offer flexible working arrangements as we continue to support our employees in balancing their career and personal commitments.
- Engaging Culture: We promote an inclusive and diverse work environment.
As announced by the Provincial government, all ICBC employees will be required to show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination.