YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to reach our goal of 25 million passengers by 2020! Safety is at the core of everything we do; we’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 11 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness! And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
Vancouver Airport Authority has a permanent, full-time opportunity for a Senior Communications Specialist, Lead Social Media Strategist. Reporting to the Manager, Marketing – Brand Marketing, the successful candidate will be an expert level strategist focused on growing YVR’s social community by developing a centralized approach to content creation, analyzing new social channels and bringing them online and mitigating reputational risk.
Key responsibilities include:
- As a subject matter expert, leading and developing the social marketing strategy for YVR that addresses the corporate goals of reputation and brand building
- Developing a new approach to content marketing including content calendar and video production for a more proactive approach to social media
- Designing and implementing specific social campaigns in partnership with airlines
- Identifying new technologies and systems to implement across all tools and channels, setting targets and establishing metrics, monitoring progress and analyzing results, and using data to adapt strategies and tactics
- Leading and training the Marketing and Communications team, as well as Operations Centre Agents, in social response
- Developing social advertising campaigns to drive revenue for retail shops and services
- Informing the Crisis Communications Plan on social response to small, medium and large scale crises
Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree, diploma or certificate in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Digital Media or a related field, supplemented by 10 years’ expert level experience in social media and 5 years’ experience in concept creation, planning development, delivery and analysis of digital marketing and communications initiatives; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Experience in online brand management, campaign management, internet content and social marketing
- Expert level knowledge of content generation strategy including writing for social media, video editing and photography
- Exceptional skills in issues management
- Operational experience, especially at an airport, is a strong asset
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all candidates that apply for this position.
Vancouver Airport Authority welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or email@example.com. We welcome the opportunity to discuss accommodation of your disability and ensure fairness in our hiring process.
Reference no.: 17-86E
To apply: Visit http://www.yvr.ca > Careers > Current Opportunities