SENIOR COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST, PUBLICATIONS AND INDUSTRY ENGAGEMENT
Job ID: 4326
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
SENIOR COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST, PUBLICATIONS AND INDUSTRY ENGAGEMENT:
Annual Salary: $63,393.31 - $73,118.09
The Senior Communications Specialist, Publications and Industry Engagement is responsible for providing support for a wide range of communications activities. This includes communications planning, publications, stakeholder relations, home builder industry sponsorships, consumer awareness, and event planning to support BC Housing’s research and education activities around residential construction in British Columbia. She/he/they produces a variety of communications materials and strategies for BC Housing’s digital and social media platforms, and traditional media channels.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced diploma in communications, public engagement or other relevant discipline.
- Considerable progressive experience in strategic communications planning, event coordination, stakeholder relations , and publications.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of the philosophy, theories and principles of communications, including as applicable in the public sector environment
- Ability to learn about the Research Centre and the Licensing & Consumer Services programs and services and of related legislation and policies
- Ability to work closely with internal and external stakeholders in planning and implementing communications strategies, provide strategic communications advice, and facilitate problem solving in achieving results
- Strong event management and stakeholder relations skills and abilities
- Ability as a strong writer and editor, including for digital platforms
- Ability to work effectively with social media platforms (twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc.)
- Ability to work efficiently with Microsoft Office tools (especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to work with a high level of judgement, discretion and decision-making skills
- Ability to analyze, problem-solve, mediate and mitigate difficult situations
- Ability to work with a variety of partners and stakeholders, agencies and contractors
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and pressures, with scrupulous attention to details
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in an appropriate manner
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to work independently and as a team player
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Good oral communications and presentation skills
As part of our commitment to maintaining safe and healthy spaces, BC Housing has introduced an interim mandatory vaccination program for all employees. We require proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals who cannot be vaccinated for reasons related to a protected ground under human rights law (such as medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs) may request an accommodation. Upon receiving a request, we may request additional information to determine whether the applicant can be accommodated in the desired role without undue hardship.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers
Have questions/issues about the application process? Please see our FAQ’s for some useful information.