Aviso Wealth is a national, integrated financial services company, with over $57 billion in assets. Aviso is owned by Credit Union Centrals, CUMIS and Desjardins. Our MFDA-regulated dealer, full-service IIROC-regulated brokerage, and insurance dealer support thousands of financial advisors at hundreds of credit unions across Canada. Our award-winning online brokerage, Qtrade Investor, and our digital advice platform, VirtualWealth, give Canadians flexible choices for building their wealth. Our asset manager, NEI Investments, is a Canadian leader in Responsible Investment funds and portfolios, which are available through a national network of advisors. Aviso also provides custodial services and introducing broker services to independent financial organizations, including banks, trust companies, insurance companies, investment dealers, portfolio managers and financial planning firms. Aviso has major operations in Vancouver and Toronto, along with regional offices across Canada. More information about Aviso Wealth is available at www.aviso.ca.
At Aviso, you’ll find a dynamic, entrepreneurial culture that rewards innovation and celebrates success. We offer a competitive compensation package, career enrichment, and regular social events to foster teamwork. In this role, you’ll be a part of a creative, ambitious and fun-loving marketing and communications team.
As a Senior Internal Communications Specialist, the selected candidate will play an integral role in giving our colleagues more visibility into our business priorities, telling our brand story, and fostering the spirit of Aviso Wealth. They will support management and senior leaders by informing, engaging and motivating employees in pursuit of a shared strategic vision and goals. The role will be responsible for the development and execution of campaigns and activities to drive engagement across different employee groups and keep colleagues well informed about our business.
Reporting to the Senior Communications Manager, this role requires a strong communicator who excels at writing and storytelling, can work collaboratively, and is comfortable using a wide variety of media and technology. The ability to influence an audience while maintaining brand integrity is critical. This role will also work closely with our Human Resources department and corporate brand team.
Develop and implement communications plans, strategies and tactics that engage staff and support business goals and objectives:
• Develop strategies to address needs of employees and business
• Assess needs and write, edit, produce, and manage distribution of internal communications content as needed. (e.g. newsletters, articles for intranet, corporate announcements, and presentations)
• Develop innovative communication approaches (intranet, videos, digital screens, presentations, conferences, and emails)
• Ensure brand consistency: create content that conforms with Aviso Wealth brand identity standards and communication guidelines
• Ensure alignment of messages (and internal brand) across all internal communication channels including HR
• Provide corporate templates and tools (newsletter, templates and guidelines) to all departments
• Provide advice and counsel to internal stakeholders on the use of internal communications:
• Support preparing and delivering key communications / events (e.g. presentations, Town Hall, celebration and teambuilding events, etc.)
• Provide support and coaching to build the organizations communication capabilities
• Ongoing assessment and improvement: establish metrics, track progress and develop tools to measure and improve communication effectiveness
• Bachelor’s degree required in marketing, communications, journalism or related discipline.
• Minimum 5 – 8 years of experience in communication roles which includes being part of a corporate communications and/or marketing team
• A passion for engaging staff to help build and shape the internal culture of an organization
• Experience in developing and executing company-wide employee communications strategies and programs (be they HR, operations or marketing related)
• Strong project management experience from stakeholder management to planning
• Strong content development skills from drafting engaging employee profiles to creating compelling videos and podcasts etc. as needed
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple demanding initiatives concurrently, balancing multiple priorities, working with minimal supervision and meeting deadlines
• Demonstrated experience utilizing intranets, social media, video and/or other technological communication tools and methodologies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work collaboratively and diplomatically with diverse stakeholders
• Self-starter with strong initiative and creativity
• Thrives in an high-growth, professional environment
Location: This position is located in Vancouver (Bentall office).
Aviso Wealth welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process.
For more company information, please refer to our website at www.aviso.ca