The Manager, Strategic Communications and Marketing (C&M), leads and makes decisions on delegated C&M strategies for the entire Vice-President, Research and International (VPRI) portfolio; most specifically, digital C&M strategies. This position is an expert in digital communications and marketing. This role works in partnership with the Director to support the entire VPRI portfolio's executive team on assigned C&M priorities, partnering with cross-functional teams within the VPRI portfolio and institution wide. This role is responsible for building, measuring and enhancing research at SFU's online channels to increase visibility and engagement with the VPRI's target audience. The Manager is a key change agent, leading the ongoing development and implementation of existing and new digital technologies to enhance the strategic goals of the VPRI portfolio and institution. The role is responsible for the overarching digital strategy for the VPRI portfolio.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, or a relevant discipline, with five years of related experience in C&M strategy, digital strategy, web development, digital campaigns, web design, marketing and communications; experience in people management; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience in marketing and communications.
- Excellent knowledge and ability to create, lead and implement communications and marketing strategies and initiatives.
- Excellent knowledge of current online marketing concepts, promotional strategies and best practice.
- Excellent knowledge of web metrics and digital analytics.
- Excellent team leadership skills.
- Excellent project coordination and financial management skills.
- Excellent organizational, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to consult, advise, and support clients at all levels of management.
- Excellent analytical reasoning, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Proficient in the use of content management, information management, and learning management systems.
- Proficient in the use of Drupal content management system (CMS).
- Ability to exercise mature judgment, diplomacy and discretion, and to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to develop, implement, and manage effective and innovative digital campaigns.
- Proficiency in web development, digital graphics, web advertising, and social media.
Assignment End Date: May 15, 2021
Please include your cover letter and resume in one attachment.
Please apply on company website: https://tre.tbe.taleo.net/tre01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=SIMOFRAS&cws=37&rid=2543