Centrally located in downtown Vancouver, the British Columbia Securities Commission (BCSC) strives to make the investment markets benefit the public – enabling people to achieve their financial goals, enterprises to grow, and British Columbia to thrive. Through smart rules, diligent oversight, strong enforcement and reliable guidance, we act as guardians of the province’s investment marketplace, striving to make BC a place where people can invest with confidence and companies can flourish. We are an independent agency accountable to the provincial legislature and the public through the Minister of Finance.
You will be part of the dynamic team of communicators who provide a wide variety of communications services to the Commission. Reporting to the Director, Communications & Education, the Senior Strategist, Brand, Marketing & Research is responsible for the BCSC’s significant investment in social marketing and public opinion research focused on investor education. Key responsibilities include leading strategy development for marketing and market research projects, and managing advertising and research partnerships to ensure maximum integration and value. In addition, you will provide strategic marketing and research insights and advice to the director and executive team, as well as lead preparation of Board and industry presentations and speeches. You will also collaborate closely with in-house teams in investor education, corporate communications, public affairs, and economic analysis.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree in Communications, Marketing or related field and a minimum of eight or more years of experience in brand management, marketing, applied market research, and communications or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Proven results managing corporate brands, and delivering integrated advertising campaigns for traditional and digital media
- Ability to synthesize data and information quickly to draw, report, and apply succinct conclusions
- Sufficient seniority and credibility to brief, engage, and report to senior executives about brand, marketing and research
- Experience managing significant budgets, overseeing and strong project management skills
- Experience with project management and oversight of agency vendors
- Strong written, verbal, numeric, and analytical skills
- Broad knowledge of social marketing and behavioural economics trends and best practices
- Creative and storytelling skills with proven ability to produce clear, engaging narrative
- Strong MS Office and related skills, including Excel, PowerPoint
- Public sector, financial services, social marketing, and/or agency experience an asset.
What we offer:
- Extensive benefit package including a defined benefit pension plan, medical and dental coverage, Wellness and Health Spending Account benefits, and four weeks of annual vacation
- Hybrid work model
- Beautiful downtown office
- Work life balance
- Professional development opportunities
- A professional, collaborative team to work with!
Please visit our Careers page to apply for this position, competition 22:141, by August 15, 2022.
The Commission has adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that went into effect on November 1, 2021. Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada. Investment restrictions apply. We are an equal opportunity merit-based employer.