Senior Strategist, Marketing & Research
Communications and Education
British Columbia Securities Commission
Centrally located in downtown Vancouver, the British Columbia Securities Commission administers the Securities Act. Our mission is to foster fair and efficient capital markets and a competitive securities industry. We are an independent, self-funded agency accountable to the legislature and the public through the Minister of Finance.
You will be part of the dynamic team of communicators who provide a wide variety of communications services to the Commission. Reporting to the Director, Communications & Education, the Senior Strategist, Marketing & Research is responsible for the BCSC’s significant investment in social marketing and public opinion research focused on investor education. Key responsibilities include leading strategy development for marketing and market research projects, and managing advertising and research partnerships to ensure maximum integration and value. In addition, you will provide strategic marketing and research insights and advice to the director and executive team, as well as lead preparation of Board and industry presentations and speeches. You will also collaborate closely with in-house teams in investor education, corporate communications, public affairs, and economic analysis.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Post secondary degree in Communications, Marketing or related field and a minimum of eight or more years of experience in in marketing, applied market research, and communications or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Experience supervising/ managing team members
- Proven results delivering integrated advertising campaigns for traditional and digital media
- Ability to synthesize data and information quickly to draw, report, and apply succinct conclusions for investor education
- Sufficient seniority and credibility to brief, engage, and report to senior executives about marketing and research
- Experience managing significant budgets and strong project management skills
- Strong written, verbal, numeric, and analytical skills
- Broad knowledge of social marketing and behavioural economics trends and best practices
- Creative and storytelling skills with proven ability to produce clear, engaging narrative
- Strong MS Office and related skills, including Excel, PowerPoint
- Public sector, financial services, social marketing, and/or agency experience an asset.
We offer a challenging and rewarding work environment, and a competitive compensation package that includes a defined benefit pension plan, four weeks of vacation, and a full range of benefits. Visit http://www.bcsc.bc.ca/employment.asp to explore this exciting opportunity and apply online by January 23, 2019. Competition #19:104.
Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada. Investment restrictions apply. We are an equal opportunity, merit-based employer.