Exciting Opportunity for a Communications Specialist
Full-time Continuing Contract
At Crofton House School, we inspire girls to discover and pursue their personal excellence from the first day of Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12 and beyond.
Bound by our belief in the power of all-girls’ education, Crofton House School fosters a strong sense of community among educators, staff, students and families. Here, everyone can contribute to the strength of our learning environment – including you.
A key member of the Crofton House School Communications team, the Specialist reports to the Director of Communications and Marketing, and is responsible for the development and distribution of the parent and staff bi-weekly electronic newsletters, including photography and video content. The Specialist will also document the life of the School through photography and video, manage and produce content for the School’s social media platforms, including advertising and promotional initiatives, and support the Communications Manager with website updates and other day-to-day communications activities.
- Documents the life of the school by acting as as the School’s digital content producer, creating videos and taking photos at school events, including those that take place during ‘non-school hours’
- Creates the parent and staff electronic newsletters on a bi-weekly basis, including content outline, writing, photography and coding of email newsletter
- Liaises with staff and teachers to determine what’s happening in the school that should be included in newsletters, website and filmed or photographed
- Manages and develops content for the School’s social media platforms, including coordination of advertising on those platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of social media and adjusts accordingly
- Reviews and updates the School’s website on a regular basis
- Maintains and catalogues digital image bank
- Supports the Communications Manager with day-to-day communications, including creation and distribution of email communications, creating forms and managing registration for events
- Provides support to communications projects as required
- Assists with organization of school events as required
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience:
- Photography skills
- Experience with video filming and production
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships with students, staff, parents and wider Crofton House community
- Experience in creating social media content
- Strong storytelling and writing skills
- Proactive, with strong work drive and intuition and good project and time management skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience and technical skills in Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Dreamweaver
- Beginner to intermediate experience in coding in HTML and CSS
- Experience with Mac computers
- Good understanding of Content Management Systems
- B.A. or Diploma in Journalism, Communications, English or equivalent
- 3+ years working in communications in education or corporate environment
Employment and Application Details:
Employees of Crofton House School receive competitive compensation, including participation in Crofton House Pension Plan (RRSP), and generous support for professional, educational and leadership development. Please note that applicants must be able to legally work in Canada.
Apply online at www.croftonhouse.ca/careers. We will review applications as soon as they are received. Posting is ongoing until filled. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We thank all candidates in advance. We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview. No phone calls, please.
About Crofton House School
Crofton House School is a university preparatory day school for girls from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12. Set on a beautiful ten-acre campus in Vancouver, we offer an inclusive, supportive community of dedicated teachers, involved parents, and enthusiastic students. Collaborative, student-centred, inquiry-based education and world-class facilities create a unique learning environment where each girl can reach her full potential.