Source: BC Hydro
Job Title: Stakeholder Engagement Advisor
Job Number: BCH-R-5665-220420E1
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
We’re BC Hydro and we have a big job to do.
Keeping the lights on for over 4 million people across the province takes a lot of talented people doing many different jobs. From working deep in a generating station, atop a power pole, or behind a desk, whatever it is that makes you tick we offer challenging careers to help you reach your potential.
We’re investing more than $2 billion per year in major capital infrastructure projects to help meet the growing demand for safe, reliable power. We’re upgrading transmission lines, building new substations, and investing in our hydroelectric generation facilities. We aim to provide meaningful and challenging work, opportunities for growth and a healthy work/life balance. We’ve been recognized for excellence and been named one of B.C.’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers.
It’s our vision is to be the most trusted, innovative utility company in North America by being smart about power in all we do.
BC Hydro is seeking a results-oriented individual with experience in community relations, public consultation, communications and public affairs, focused on developing and implementing communications and stakeholder engagement programs in support of high complexity, high profile capital projects and associated regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate will:
* Design and manage consultation, communications and engagement processes, working closely with multi-disciplinary project teams.
* Engage with, build and maintain relationships with local/regional government elected officials and senior staff, local/regional provincial government MLAs and other stakeholders.
* Ensure linkage and co-ordination with BC Hydro First Nations' programs and with other internal programs as appropriate.
* Act as a facilitator of high profile, sensitive and complex meetings or consultations on behalf of BC Hydro.
* Develop and maintain strong internal networks and alignment with departments across the organization.
* Develop and advise on methods to incorporate stakeholder input into BC Hydro's capital projects and operations.
* Speak with local media on behalf of BC Hydro when required.
* Demonstrate BC Hydro’s values at all times.
* University degree, graduate certification or equivalent in a relevant discipline (i.e. journalism, communications, public relations).
* A minimum of six (6) years of specific specific experience in public consultation, project communications and issues management.
* Experience developing and implementing communications and stakeholder engagement programs.
* Experience supporting high profile and complex capital projects and regulatory requirements.
* Highly agile, collaborative, innovative and resourceful individual with a focus on exceptional service delivery.
* Strong writing skills and critical thinking are essential for this position.
* Superior interpersonal and listening skills with the ability to understand internal and external stakeholders' points of view in order to build positive business relationships.
* Strong engagement, communications and public speaking skills, including an ability to take complex information and communicate it clearly and simply.
* Demonstrated ability to establish credibility, build awareness and resolve conflict.
* Ability to prepare concise reports and lead in-person and virtual public meetings.
* Strategic thinker with ability to develop, implement and manage a project engagement plan.
* Experience working with executives and all levels of an organization.
* Commitment to continuous learning, the confidence to challenge the status quo and the ability to achieve results using influence rather than authority.
* This is a full-time temporary position for approximately 24 months.
* Must have experience with facilitating large group meetings, designing and implementing creative and engaging online and in-person stakeholder consultation processes that incorporate the latest techniques in public engagement, managing sensitive issues.
* Preference will be given to applicants with 8 or more years’ experience.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by May 6, 2022.
Click here to access the job posting or visit the BC Hydro “Current Opportunities” Careers page to view and apply for jobs.
You must use a supported browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari. Your pop up blocker will also need to be disabled for the BC Hydro Careers site.
On the BC Hydro Careers site, click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job. Please be sure to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and include copies of your certifications, if applicable.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We include everyone.
We act with integrity and respect.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
We include everyone. We welcome applications from anyone, including members of visible minorities, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at BC Hydro. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at Recruitmenthelp@BCHydro.com .